What is the real 0-60 time of the G37 sedan - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • What is the real 0-60 time of the G37 sedan

What is the real 0-60 time of the G37 sedan

Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM
What is the real 0-60 time of the G37 sedan

MT had it at 5 seconds, C/D at 5.2 seconds and there was a magazine that had the G37x coupe doing 0-60 in 5.2s. That to me implies the G37X sedan has to be doing 0-60 just slightly ahead of the coupe. This is a real marked improvement from the 2nd gen sedan.

Makes me believe MT is closer to the mark than anyone else out there. To those who have driven both, what are your thoughts?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
"Real" 0-60 time? I didn't know there are "fake" 0-60 times (unless someone makes up an imaginary one)? Drivers skill + car/track conditions = real 0-60 time.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ View Post
"Real" 0-60 time? I didn't know there are "fake" 0-60 times (unless someone makes up an imaginary one)? Drivers skill + car/track conditions = real 0-60 time.
Yes Oh wise one Very insightful indeed.

What are the thoughts of those who have driven both, I cant ask MT or C/D so have to rely on you guys.

Before anyone decides to say something wise like "You can't notice 0.2 seconds" etc, just wait for those who have driven both to give their input.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Honestly? Who the f*ck cares about 0-60 times? So you can brag to people how fast you get to 60? Its all about quarter mile time and trap speed, those are the real definitions of power.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibowl View Post
Honestly? Who the f*ck cares about 0-60 times? So you can brag to people how fast you get to 60? Its all about quarter mile time and trap speed, those are the real definitions of power.

0-60 is very critical on the launch,
same as the 1/4, but not as much,

im more interested in 1/4 times
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibowl View Post
0-60 time is part of the quarter mile as well. What you are saying here makes sense when comparing a V6 to a V8, or I4 to a V6 or whatever other combination you can come up with. My question relates to a V6 to V6 comparison of the same make (Infiniti).

So the 0-60 comparison makes a lot of sense on this thread. I understand there are a lot of people out there who have things they have been itching to say but I am sure if you wait for those who have spent time in both cars, you will see there have a bit of insightful things to say.

On second thoughts, I am just going to test drive the car myself.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 306HP View Post
0-60 time is part of the quarter mile as well. What you are saying here makes sense when comparing a V6 to a V8, or I4 to a V6 or whatever other combination you can come up with. My question relates to a V6 to V6 comparison of the same make (Infiniti).

So the 0-60 comparison makes a lot of sense on this thread. I understand there are a lot of people out there who have things they have been itching to say but I am sure if you wait for those who have spent time in both cars, you will see there have a bit of insightful things to say.

you make a very good point, and i agree when comping similar cars.

i have driven a 5at and a 7at and my 6mt,

the 7at shifts quick, ie it revs out faster, the shift itself feels the same speed, just sooner.

my 6mt has more pull once i have it in gear and have traction.

as far as 0-60 with the 7 and the 5, i could not tell much of a difference, yet when i drove them both, i really wasn't paying mind to it ether. so there could be a difference and i was not looking for it.

i also didn't drive them back to back, they were about 2 weeks apart. so that could have a big impact on it aswell.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:

60 Foot E.T. is part of a 1/4 mile time slip, not 0-60mph.

0-60 is really a marketing thing, food for magazine racers - it has no parallel in motorsports, no precise rules or controlled conditions as in 1/4 or 1/8 track times.
It's as much about gearing as anything, significantly affected by where the 2-3 shift falls in relation to 60mph.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
60 Foot E.T. is part of a 1/4 mile time slip, not 0-60mph.
Consider the G35X that does the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds 100mph, see below

0mph - 60mph - 100mph

alternatively you could keep the distance constant, i.e. the quarter mile and measure how much time you need to get to the quarter mile

distance = time*speed (1/4 mile = 14s 100 mph)

Do you see how we are just rearranging the same numbers in the formula here.

stated differently, the faster you get to 60mph, the faster it will take you to complete the quarter mile (assuming a V6 to V6 comparison)

I am sorry but I cannot imagine anyone who can afford a +30k car saying what you just said, its just retarded.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM
^^ What's your problem? Sounds like you don't need a car at all - just build yourself a nice Excel spreadsheet.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Actually I will be test driving the car this weekend, I plan ahead and will probably get the car months from now but I do my homework in advance. My problem is posts that dont make sense, I cant stand them.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Actually I will be test driving the car this weekend, I plan ahead and will probably get the car months from now but I do my homework in advance. My problem is posts that dont make sense, I cant stand them.
The fact that you don't understand a post doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
It just means that you don't understand.

Have fun with your test drive - don't run over anybody while you're looking at your stopwatch.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
You're both being pedantic in usual internet fashion.

Just because 0-60 isn't meaningful to some, or 1/4 mile is more meaningful to others doesn't mean that either one is useless.

In my everyday, real world driving 0-60 is alot more meaningful than 1/4 mile. I ain't accelerating to 100+mph on the highway. I am potentially accelerating from 0-60 (stupid on-ramp merge control lights when there's no traffic) and it's fun to know just how fast I can get to that point.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
You're both being pedantic in usual internet fashion.

Just because 0-60 isn't meaningful to some, or 1/4 mile is more meaningful to others doesn't mean that either one is useless.

In my everyday, real world driving 0-60 is alot more meaningful than 1/4 mile. I ain't accelerating to 100+mph on the highway. I am potentially accelerating from 0-60 (stupid on-ramp merge control lights when there's no traffic) and it's fun to know just how fast I can get to that point.
There's no question that most of us will accelerate from 0-60 more often than a full 1/4 mile. The question is whether it's a useful exercise to look for accurate, objective measurements of that capability to 0.1 of a second and compare them in order to decide which car to buy.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
There's no question that most of us will accelerate from 0-60 more often than a full 1/4 mile. The question is whether it's a useful exercise to look for accurate, objective measurements of that capability to 0.1 of a second and compare them in order to decide which car to buy.
I apologize for the reference to retardness in my other post clearly unnecessary. I still stand by everything else though

The only problem with trying to look at the 1/4 mile vs the 0-60 is this is a V6 comparison of a car from the same manufacturer. The results will be the same. The car that does 0-60 the fastest will get the lowest 1/4 mile time. It doesnt matter if you prefer the 1/4 mile or whatever else thats out there. The conclusion will not differ. So the threads title is perfect, 1/4 mile 0-60, potato potato, same thing in this case.

I understand your ideological argument, but this thread is not the place for it as I have stated many times now, this is a V6 comparison of an Infiniti sedan. Maybe we can start another thread for "which is better, 1/4 mile or 0-60 time" although I will not be participating in that thread, that will be splitting hairs as far as I am concerned.

Dopey, I couldnt agree with you more