Horn sound has changed?!?!? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Horn sound has changed?!?!?

Horn sound has changed?!?!?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 AM
You're Despicable
Question Horn sound has changed?!?!?

Hi guys,

Ok last Thursday I drove into my cousin's driveway, and scrapped the whole bottom end pretty bad (right underneath and in between the driver and passenger seats) I basically scrapped the Y-pipes before the resonator on the Invidia.

Now I also scrapped like mad again when driving out

Anyway I looked under the car and only a bit of the Heat wrap has been torn off, nothing else seems to be damaged.

Now Friday I came to honk my horn and it sounded funny, it's not as load as before and it sounds slightly muffled. I've taken a look at the horn and all wires and everything seems to be in place. The only thing that has changed is my scrapping the car from the bottom and I can't see anything damaged.

So what could make my horn change notes like this?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:37 AM
i'd say your horn is on its way out. only time a horn ever changed notes on me is after honking it ridiculously for a world cup soccer party.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 AM
You're Despicable
lol "football" party you mean

Yeah well it's funny because I haven't been over using it or anything, I'm wondering if it's something to do with the battery or my Hidden number plate mechanisim
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
yes you're right, football...hahaha, damn Americans!

i'd definitely look into that hidden plate mechanism of yours. I wouldn't blame the battery if your car starts and generally holds charge.

I'm not 100% here, but I'm sure the G has 2 horns which sound off simultaneously when you press the horn. One of these may have been disconnected during your plate mechanism install. My Camry has 2, not sure of the G, I assume it would as well, but one needed replacement not the other...but the tone changed which told me I had an issue.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
just honk it few more times till it starts honking normally.

Prolly some **** stuck on the diaphragm
Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
also check the power connectors - one connector may have gone loose, and one horn could be mute.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:18 AM
You are aging with your car. This is the first sign You are not as horny anymore. Your hornieness fades away.

Either that or the car reached its Puberty. But that would be easy to find out. Check if you find some hair around the exhaust tips and front fascia.

If these are not the right answer maybe your horn actually needs some service.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 AM
You're Despicable
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyzee View Post
yes you're right, football...hahaha, damn Americans!

i'd definitely look into that hidden plate mechanism of yours. I wouldn't blame the battery if your car starts and generally holds charge.

I'm not 100% here, but I'm sure the G has 2 horns which sound off simultaneously when you press the horn. One of these may have been disconnected during your plate mechanism install. My Camry has 2, not sure of the G, I assume it would as well, but one needed replacement not the other...but the tone changed which told me I had an issue.
The G does have 2 horns, one might just not be working right. I'm pretty sure it's not down to the number plate mechansim because it only just started last Friday and I've had the mechansim on for like a month now.

I'll see if anything seems disconnected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
just honk it few more times till it starts honking normally.

Prolly some **** stuck on the diaphragm
You know I think you might be right Joker, the sound seems to be improving everyday, I just gotta get in there and see if there is anyting stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeflux View Post
also check the power connectors - one connector may have gone loose, and one horn could be mute.
by power connector you mean the connections that actually go into the horn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg1234 View Post
You are aging with your car. This is the first sign You are not as horny anymore. Your hornieness fades away.

Either that or the car reached its Puberty. But that would be easy to find out. Check if you find some hair around the exhaust tips and front fascia.

Ummm, hummm, dunno what to say to this one lol
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg1234 View Post

That explains it perfectly!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I think you're just hearing things. pun intended.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defratos View Post
by power connector you mean the connections that actually go into the horn?
yes. i would check them. also, one of my horns went out once when i was driving in very heavy rain - but once it dried out, it started working again.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:29 PM
My horn started sounding muffled right before my battery went dead. Might want to check the CCA left in your battery.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 AM
You're Despicable
battery seems fine, connections seem fine, I'll have to take more time out