Installing momo auto shift knob - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Installing momo auto shift knob

Installing momo auto shift knob

Old 08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Installing momo auto shift ****

Hey everyone, I finally got my momo automatic shift **** in today. A couple days ago I saw a thread on how to install it, but I can't find it anymore. Can someone help me on how to install the shift **** to my 07 g35 sedan
Old 08-27-2010, 08:37 PM
To uninstall the OEM ****, Pull the ring down on the boot and then yank out the little retaining clip.
To install the new, repeat those steps in reverse.

Once you pull the boot down, you'll see that it's pretty easy.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
see I did that, but i'm having a problem with putting in the momo. it's not working with me
Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Hmm... I don't know then, sorry.
I know that when we install the M45 shift ****, the grooves for the retaining clip are in a different spot, so new grooves need to be filed in.
All I can suggest without seeing what you are going through is to make sure the grooves line up.
Otherwise...
Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
This guy has one... it's up to you if you want to ask him for help
http://rupromenergo.ru/forums/media-s...hift-****.html
Old 08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
thanks guys. i kept trying and finally I got the shift ****, but now the problem is when i put the car in park and i shut the door it has a very annoying buzzing sound and I looked at the dash and it says P with an arrow up which means put in park but it is in park. This is very confusing
Old 08-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod544 View Post
thanks guys. i kept trying and finally I got the shift ****, but now the problem is when i put the car in park and i shut the door it has a very annoying buzzing sound and I looked at the dash and it says P with an arrow up which means put in park but it is in park. This is very confusing
I just installed a Momo shift **** in my vette and had a similar situation until I adjusted the height of the momo shift **** on the stock assembly. I had to move the shift **** up a bit to allow the stock rod to fully extend when the **** is at rest. The Momo **** I'm using is the universal one that utilizes set screws at the bottom to secure it to the stock base assembly so it's easy to adjust the height. Hope this helps.

John
Old 08-28-2010, 12:23 AM
when i put the 3 screws the secure it I could not screw in the bottom chrome piece to the shift **** that twists on the bottom
Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod544 View Post
when i put the 3 screws the secure it I could not screw in the bottom chrome piece to the shift **** that twists on the bottom
Me either so I did not use the chrome piece, just pulled the shift boot over the bottom portion with the three set screws in it.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 PM
2005 g35 with leather shift boot.Put car in neutral take off clip and blue insert. Then unscrew the top of the shift **** and put the leather boot inside the shift ****.. then tighten screws... then put spring back in and tighten top and your done