Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping? - Page 30 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?

Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?

Old 10-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know if the 2013 G37's interior door trim will fit my 08? I rode in one the other day and noticed that it was made out of a sturdier material that doesn't scratch as easily.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Are people getting this replaced for free at the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuePen View Post
I have a 2007 and the door handles and the steering wheel are peeling. I was wondering how common a problem this was, and happy to see a thread on it. I'm going to contact my dealer to ask about replacement. I'll keep you posted...
Are people still able to get theses replaced for free at the dealer? I have an 08 and mine is getting pretty bad on doors and steering wheel
Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjo16 View Post
Are people still able to get theses replaced for free at the dealer? I have an 08 and mine is getting pretty bad on doors and steering wheel
Not likely.....but there could still be some dealers out there who will do a goodwill replacement with another paid service.

Doubtful any will do it for free with no other paid services performed
Old 12-11-2016, 07:36 PM
My wheel leather is beginning to deteriorate. The only real wear on my 04 sedan is heat/sun related. The car lived most of its life in Florida so it was roasted inside. The clock bezel was brittle to the touch and was the first item I replaced. The leather on the drivers door panel was separating from the rest of it, so I replace it with a donor panel.

I could live with the leather being the way it is (actually not too bad for a 13 year old car!). The only issue is if the weather is cold here the leather or coating comes off in my hands in little black pills and gets everywhere.

I found a flawless wheel (and a drivers interior door panel) from an 06 wreck that has been in climate-controlled storage since 08. Showroom condition.

My question is what can I do to the new wheel to protect it from the elements before I install it?
Attached Thumbnails
Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?-205.jpg Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?-216.jpg
Old 07-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuePen View Post
I have a 2007 and the door handles and the steering wheel are peeling. I was wondering how common a problem this was, and happy to see a thread on it. I'm going to contact my dealer to ask about replacement. I'll keep you posted...
Very common. I covered mine with PlastiDip but it is a temporary solution at best.