Extended Thread Lug Nut - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Extended Thread Lug Nut

Extended Thread Lug Nut

Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Extended Thread Lug Nut

As the tittle says. I've been breaking my head trying to find extended thread lug nuts. I have searched google, and have not found any. I know we need 12x1.25 and have only found 12x1.50 any help or links is highly appreciated. I need them because I am running 10mm spacers and I still have the stock wheel studs and the extended thread can reach the studs passed the wheels. I currently have chrome but would love to have other colors.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Extended Thread Lug Nut-image-1.jpeg
Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, I should state up front that I do not care for wheel spacers. That being said, I would strongly recommend that since you are planning on using them, you should at least "minimize their compromise" by at least using a longer wheel stud and not creating further compromise by using some extended lugnuts as your "solution".

Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vqsmile View Post
In the interest of full disclosure, I should state up front that I do not care for wheel spacers. That being said, I would strongly recommend that since you are planning on using them, you should at least "minimize their compromise" by at least using a longer wheel stud and not creating further compromise by using some extended lugnuts as your "solution".

I KNEW I was gonna get some lip in how "spacers are the devil" -_- this is done because the wheels I have won't clear my breaks. Do you have any information where I can get extended thread lug nuts? If not here's the refund in your $.02
Old 03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Well, I know why you are using them, and I don't recall saying they were 'the devil', or even telling you NOT to use them, for that matter. I think I actually just offered up a safer way TO use them. Can you explain why you're opposed to installing longer studs?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
I never really thought about extended lugs much. I didn't realize they made extended lugs that go past the hole in the wheel as shown in the OP's picture. On one hand it seems like it provides a solution for catching more threads but on the other hand it seems like it alters the clamping force characteristics. I'm conflicted but I would assume they are not common for good reason.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivema View Post
I KNEW I was gonna get some lip in how "spacers are the devil" -_- this is done because the wheels I have won't clear my breaks. Do you have any information where I can get extended thread lug nuts? If not here's the refund in your $.02
VQsmile just happens to be looking out for your best interest. Read any of his posts and you'll soon find out his info is spot on. I understand that you're just wanting more info on your lug nuts but I wouldn't be so quick to 'dis someone that's actually trying to help. He's helped to steer me away from a couple dangerous ideas I had in my head
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
vqsmile (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
by the way, this "extra reach" lug nut maybe too thick for you wheel's lug nut opening. Even if you found one that was thin enough to fit in between the stud and wheel, it would not be that strong.

The safest way would to get extended studs, then you can use your spacer with standard lug nuts and locks. Also, you have to consider that you probably will not find a good wheel lock with this "extra reach" feature
The Following User Says Thank You to teknolust72 For This Useful Post:
bigc (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknolust72 View Post
by the way, this "extra reach" lug nut maybe too thick for you wheel's lug nut opening. Even if you found one that was thin enough to fit in between the stud and wheel, it would not be that strong.

The safest way would to get extended studs, then you can use your spacer with standard lug nuts and locks. Also, you have to consider that you probably will not find a good wheel lock with this "extra reach" feature
They are extended thread not "extra reach" and what makes you say that? They are the correct size and fit well, this thread was not made for the bashing on how BAD it is that I am using a type of lug not NO ONE has heard of. It was asking if anyone had any idea of where to get different ones of them.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
"extended thread" typically means extended lug nuts that are threaded to the tip of the lug nut which provides extra hold for extended studs. This is the required setup for professional racing.

The lug nut you have pictured is considered "extra reach" (or in domestic muscled terms "mag style") as the threading goes past the lug nut seat.

I'm not bashing...calm down! and the major reason why you see this type of lug nut in 12x1.5 only is because some of the oem lug nuts for honda's and toyota's come with this "mag" style lug nut. so aftermarket companies replicate this style of seat for those applications
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Wings Nation
install longer / extended studs or get the type of spacer that already has built in studs. don't put a band-aid on the problem, just install the correct hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigc For This Useful Post:
vqsmile (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigc View Post
install longer / extended studs or get the type of spacer that already has built in studs. don't put a band-aid on the problem, just install the correct hardware.
You can lead them to water, but . . .