AC Condenser and expansion tube question - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • AC Condenser and expansion tube question

AC Condenser and expansion tube question

Old 12-08-2017, 10:10 AM
AC Condenser and expansion valve question

Title should read AC Condenser and expansion VALVE question...... For some reason I was thinking of an orifice tube which our cars don't have and mixed the two together.

I recently bought a 2007 G35 and the a/c system was not working. I replaced the compressor, and took the old one apart to find the insides all mangled up and looked like a bomb went off. there were metal shaving everywhere in the compressor so im assuming:

1) The lines need to be cleaned (taking to a shop)

2) I'm going to have an ac shop clean the lines and clean the expansion valve. (has anyone had success doing this with the valve?) I would rather not have to replace the valve and just have them try and clean it (run fluid and air through it) because its under the dash and seems like a PITA to get to i tried and stopped where you have to take the radio and nav out. (i've looked an could not find anything on taking one out on the forums, user error most likely)

3.1) The Condenser... After speaking to the ac shop and doing my research, the condenser seems to be a parallel flow which means you can't effectively clean it due to the cleaning air/fluid taking different routes in the cleaning process and leaving blockages and metal in the system. Can you clean it has anyone had success?

3.2) 2007 & 2008 G35 Sedan Condenser anyone searching or needing a new one please learn from my mistake, you have the radiator & condenser combo like a g37 not like the older g35's which were two pieces, our are one unit.

I'm at the point where I have a new rad/cond combo shipped on the way cheap $180 ebay model, once I get that installed (if i cant clean it) I'm going to take the car to a a/c shop and have them clean the lines and expansion valve, then I will recharge my system and enjoy Florida like you should in the a/c

Last edited by box12360; 12-08-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
It's not really the end of the world removing the entire front dash section of a G to get to the AC unit. It's just a LOT of stuff to take apart, check out a specific DIY radio replacement and you're nearly halfway through the process and the crappiest part is done. The FSM has good directions for the rest but with limited pictures.

/ google_ad_section_end -->