Heat not blowing -g35x sedan - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Heat not blowing -g35x sedan

Heat not blowing -g35x sedan

Old 12-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Heat not blowing -g35x sedan

G35X SEDAN (AWD) For the past 3 weeks I noticed the heater does not blow heat or air until I drive the car for about a half hour (then it comes on). When shutting car off and restarting it does same thing. I replaced the 15A fuses in the interior near the emergency brake, and also changed the relay under car hood near battery. Is there any other places on the car to check parts for the problem. I had a local mechanic check the heater blower motor, and it's fine, so he says. PLEASE HELP!!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....... Trying not to take to the dealer just yes.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:20 PM
This is normal. The heating system is thermostatically controlled and will not blow air into the cabin until the coolant temperature is high enough to heat the air going through the heater core. If you lower the heat temperature to 60, it will blow air sooner, however it will not be hot air. All this is explained in the owners manual. If you don't have one, you can download it from Infiniti website, or Google it and most of the forums have a link to it.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker852 View Post
G35X SEDAN (AWD) For the past 3 weeks I noticed the heater does not blow heat or air until I drive the car for about a half hour (then it comes on). When shutting car off and restarting it does same thing. I replaced the 15A fuses in the interior near the emergency brake, and also changed the relay under car hood near battery. Is there any other places on the car to check parts for the problem. I had a local mechanic check the heater blower motor, and it's fine, so he says. PLEASE HELP!!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....... Trying not to take to the dealer just yes.
Something to ponder... my 2007 had its thermostat stuck partially open about this time last year. It would warm up at idle and low speed, but the engine would cool down driving at higher speed and on the highway, you could watch the temperature gauge move and I verified it with a ScanGauge II monitoring the ECU's observed coolant temp. Could be related to your issue, and cause a longer delay in the heat as mentioned above.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:42 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Are you saying you just won't get hot/cold air or that the blower fan isn't physically blowing ANY air out of the vent?

There is a blower fan relay on the BACK of the cabin fuse panel that is notorious for failing and you won't get any air movement, it can be intermittent and start working once you have been driving around.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Relay behind cabin fuse box

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Are you saying you just won't get hot/cold air or that the blower fan isn't physically blowing ANY air out of the vent?

There is a blower fan relay on the BACK of the cabin fuse panel that is notorious for failing and you won't get any air movement, it can be intermittent and start working once you have been driving around.

Thanks alot, will try that, but how
do I remove the cabin fusebox?? I see little clamps on each side but dnt want to break it... which relay is it on the back--- the location.. Thanks alot!!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:22 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Take off the entire plastic trim not just the little access window, you will see the screws on the top side.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Shouldn't take 30 mins to get heat, change thermostat and then you'll be fine. Had the same issue with my wife's truck awhile back. Also is the car taking 30 mins to get up to temp?
Old 12-19-2017, 01:45 PM
Of course the car hopefully does not have air in the cooling system, and or the cooling system is not low, and or water pump Is maybe going out....