High power build on a 5at X? Or sell? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • High power build on a 5at X? Or sell?

High power build on a 5at X? Or sell?

Old 01-13-2018, 01:50 PM
High power build on a 5at X? Or sell?

So I have a 2008 G35x 5at. I've been doing a lot of research, and have plans in the future to throw all my money at my G and get some serious power. I'm getting a good idea of what I need to make a safe and reliable build, but I'm just now realizing that all these great builds are rarely done on an 5at, and definitely not on a AWD. I've only read of one 500+ hp build on an all wheel drive.

So question is: if I have big plans, should I ditch this car? I've put a couple thousand into the car with an exhaust, an intake and things like that and some aftermarket body parts. I've prepared everything to paint the car in the spring, so I've also put money into that. I was planning on saving up for a couple of years and then start by building the engine. Should I save my money, sell the car, and then buy a G with rwd and possibly the 6mt? Or can I get a good 500+ build on my car?

Any info would be appreciated, especially those with a v36 X 5at

Last edited by Abel Banko; Yesterday at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:44 PM
im 07 rwd 5at, and i see we are on the same boat kind of, this is my first car so im personally holding onto it to put some power into it. you can always get a cheap car and use it as a daily and use your G as a fun car !
Old 01-13-2018, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snguyen10123 View Post
im 07 rwd 5at, and i see we are on the same boat kind of, this is my first car so im personally holding onto it to put some power into it. you can always get a cheap car and use it as a daily and use your G as a fun car !
This is my second, but I've grown attached. I wanna go all out with this, but don't my transfer case to break apart or something haha. Right now I'm just saving, I don't have the money to build the engine yet (which I want to do first). Good luck!

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to build or not to build..... the_sedan Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 18 07-28-2011 10:26 PM
Impul High Power Control Unit and Power Throttle Valves usahockey83 V36 Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain & FI 5 04-08-2009 09:28 AM
HKS high power Ti, and tps...875obo need to sell asap gtig602003 Archived Sales 18 12-16-2008 09:55 PM
Fs: Titek Test Pipes...hks High Power(1000obo) Need To Sell Asap gtig602003 Archived Sales 0 12-14-2008 09:25 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: