G37 Tech Specs, Features & Options - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • G37 Tech Specs, Features & Options


G37 Tech Specs, Features & Options

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: Carteret, NJ
Posts: 3,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6969g35
BMW 650i Coupe ... 0-60 mph, 5.3 seconds. Horsepower, 360 bhp 6300 rpm. weight, 1732 kg / 3814 lbs ...
a 6 series is also a much larger car than the G37...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i was hoping to get some A/C seats...leather gets damn hot in the summer! Over all though good options. can't wait for the autoshow.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2004
location: SoCal
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkozak
The only reason BMW does not make a lsd available in the 335i is that BMW does not have a lsd available for the 335i
Well, Turner Motorsports does.


I doubt they would and BMW didn't. Now, whether or not that is good for a product car is a different story. But then again, as Turner states, BMW stopped putting LSD in non-M cars in '95. That is not because they "didn't have an LSD", but rather they didn't want to put it in non-M cars.

Sounds like a profit-maximizing decision to me.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 389
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibowl
a 6 series is also a much larger car than the G37...
Much larger?
I've rode in a 6-series; it's just as snug (or cramped)as the G coupe.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 688
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST1
I'm guessing about a 13.7-13.8 in the 1/4 mile, although I'm hoping for 13.6. The 335 puts out 300 lb-ft of torque but is a bit uderrated. It is putting out closer to 315 or so. That being said, if you look at it's torque curve it is flat from about 2000 rom to 5000 rpm, and then has a steep dropoff. So, it will feel very strong down low (a nice thing) but will make less high end power (the current G sedan makes more power up high than the current 335). My old G ran out of steam up high so I welcome the strong top end, especially if the 6-speed is truly improved and more refined.

I'll buy 13.7 or 13.8 and if that is good enough for you, then the G will meet your expectations. Personally I was hoping that the '08 G37 would at least match the performance of an '07 335, and that means around a 13.4 1/4 and 0/60 in 4.8 secs. As far as making power at the top end, well that's useless for the vast majority of drivers since they spend 99.999999999% of their time driving below 5K RPM. For the street BMW has it right since it puts out a great deal of useable torque where drivers need it: 2 - 5 K RPM.
If all you care about is low end torque, why were you hoping for a 13.4 1/4 mile time? Also, if you drive 99.999999% of your time at low rpms, then you don't want a G - you want a diesel truck.

Obviously kidding, but if putting around town is all you need, then who cares about having 300 lb-ft of torque, right - a car is just about getting from point A to B?

I don't want to drive a '92 Rustang 5.0. This car has improved on the old G's low end torque and no high end power characteristic. I've driven the 335 and I wasn't wow'd by the low end torque, so I'm not sure what all the hoopla is. Then again, I guess it is all relative.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Jan 2006
location: Auburn, WA (Lakeland)
Posts: 6,980
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
13.7-13.8 is a little high. The 07 Sedan runs the 1/4 in 13.7 and the 07 Z runs 13.4
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 688
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
13.7-13.8 is a little high. The 07 Sedan runs the 1/4 in 13.7 and the 07 Z runs 13.4

I haven't seen any 13.7s (I think someone on this forum ran their car at the track and supposedly rans a 13.7). Every road test for the sedan has been 13.9 (I think one was a 14.0). Almost all tests of the 335 are at 13.5-13.6. Knowing that the coupe is 100 lbs heavier than the sedan, but has better HP, and a flatter torque curve, I think that may be worth 0.2 seconds or so. Either way, the 335 vs. G coupe debate should go away if the cars are 0.1-0.2 seconds apart.

The argument about torque:

The G is not like S2000, where there was NO torque at all and all power was based on high rpm (just to squeeze out 250 or so). 270 lb-ft of torque is respectable and if they can keep it flat, that means good continuous power throughout the rev range.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
RBull's Avatar
Rated M
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 19,619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant
Well, Turner Motorsports does.


I doubt they would and BMW didn't. Now, whether or not that is good for a product car is a different story. But then again, as Turner states, BMW stopped putting LSD in non-M cars in '95. That is not because they "didn't have an LSD", but rather they didn't want to put it in non-M cars.

Sounds like a profit-maximizing decision to me.
Certainly profit would be a benefit of no LSD in a non M. However it wouldn't be the primary motivation. BMW needs to have something to differentiate the higher end (sport) M division from the base cars. LSD is one of those items.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBull
Certainly profit would be a benefit of no LSD in a non M. However it wouldn't be the primary motivation. BMW needs to have something to differentiate the higher end (sport) M division from the base cars. LSD is one of those items.
All of which would make sense if, in fact, BMW was not developing an electronic limited slip differential. VWAG is also developing their own elsd. Haldex has one and offered it to VWAG for their front drivers. For whatever reason VWAG believed it make a better elsd, so VWAG passed on the Haldex. BMW has been developing theirs since the middle of the last M3's run. Apparently, BMW believes a car like the M3 needs a "modern" elsd and an old fashioned lsd isn't good enough for their M3. It has hinted BMW wanted to include it in the 335i sport package, but it wasn't ready.

Bottom line, all the talk about profit or undercutting the mighty M3 is really just excuses because the elsd isn't ready for production. If it were, BMW says it would be an available option.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscarel
If all you care about is low end torque, why were you hoping for a 13.4 1/4 mile time? Also, if you drive 99.999999% of your time at low rpms, then you don't want a G - you want a diesel truck.

Obviously kidding, but if putting around town is all you need, then who cares about having 300 lb-ft of torque, right - a car is just about getting from point A to B?

I don't want to drive a '92 Rustang 5.0. This car has improved on the old G's low end torque and no high end power characteristic. I've driven the 335 and I wasn't wow'd by the low end torque, so I'm not sure what all the hoopla is. Then again, I guess it is all relative.
I defined low end by being under 5K RPM. If you spend all your time driving at redline, then you're in that .00000001% that I alluded to. Most car owners don't like to have to drive at 7K RPM to experience a car's power, especially when the price of a gallon of gas is approaching $3 again. If you aren't impressed by the 335, then you are in a tiny minority again.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:16 AM
RBull's Avatar
Rated M
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 19,619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkozak
All of which would make sense if, in fact, BMW was not developing an electronic limited slip differential. VWAG is also developing their own elsd. Haldex has one and offered it to VWAG for their front drivers. For whatever reason VWAG believed it make a better elsd, so VWAG passed on the Haldex. BMW has been developing theirs since the middle of the last M3's run. Apparently, BMW believes a car like the M3 needs a "modern" elsd and an old fashioned lsd isn't good enough for their M3. It has hinted BMW wanted to include it in the 335i sport package, but it wasn't ready.

Bottom line, all the talk about profit or undercutting the mighty M3 is really just excuses because the elsd isn't ready for production. If it were, BMW says it would be an available option.

Any development BMW may be doing on a future improved LSD has no bearing on the statements I made earlier and doesn't make them any less sensible. A better LSD may not currently be available but that isn't the reason why the current LSD is not offered in the 335. I've outlined the reasons in my post above.

We're talking about what BMW has done in the past and is currently doing, not what they might do in the future or speculating on "hints" of what they might have done.

BMW may be in develpment of an improved LSD for production but there is no guarantee of what cars it will be offered in or when it will be ready, unless you can provide a source proving otherwise. It may well be offered in the lower line of cars like the 335 but historically the M cars have contained different higher performance components. These include LSD, better brakes, stronger engines, suspension etc. and my guess is they will continue to do that in the future.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the car will hit 13.7 easily, possibly 13.5-6; however, the car is really portly. I like the looks of the 1G over the 2G anyday, the 2G front is too much Lexus and the back is too squarish and chopped off. The 1G's lines are way more pleasing and agressive. I think Infiniti's goal was to appeal to 35+ age group because the 2G is more "flowing" looking, shrug. I am disappointed overall.

I was contemplating the IS, 335, and new G coupe. I think I can almost cross the G off my list now; however, I will wait for the road tests to come out.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2007
location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
What is AFS?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 688
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST1
I defined low end by being under 5K RPM. If you spend all your time driving at redline, then you're in that .00000001% that I alluded to. Most car owners don't like to have to drive at 7K RPM to experience a car's power, especially when the price of a gallon of gas is approaching $3 again. If you aren't impressed by the 335, then you are in a tiny minority again.
Horsepower is a function of rpm. Just because you make 270 lb-ft of torque does not mean you need to be at 7k rpm in order to "experience the power". Do you understand that a 335 with all that low-end torque still has more power at high rpms than it does at 3k or 4k rpm? So you still need to wind out a 335 in order to "experience the power". If a car puts out 300 lb-ft of torque at 2600 rpm, then it is putting down 150 horspeower at that rpm. A car that has 270 lb-ft of torque at 2600 rpm puts down 135 hp. At that rpm, it is only a 15 horsepower difference. Keeping high torque at high rpm is where you get real power, not down low.

I owned a '04 coupe and never needed to go to 6k rpm to experience the power. The car had good power down low, just like this one will have. Do you think having 300 lb-ft of torque makes the car a street demon and having 270 lb-ft of torque won't allow it to get onto a freeway ramp? My point about not being that impressed with the 300 lb-ft of torque in the 335 is that it still not THAT much. That is always the case - it's always relative. If you think that the extra 30 lb-ft of torque puts the car into another league then go out and get a 335.

Back in the early 90's the 5.0 mustang had 300 lb-ft of torque and 225 horsepower. That's because it's torque numbers dropped off at high rpm. So you had a car that was great to punch at a light and then you just wanted to get out of gear because the car died up high. Sounds like your kind of car.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2005
location: Austin, TX
Posts: 707
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tech Package/Rear Camera has changed !!

Just noticed that the coupe has the rear-view camera in the Navigation Pkg now.
The 07 sedan had it as a part of the tech package !

Soon it would become standard !

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gonna need a new tranny..a couple questions bryanr Drivetrain 15 09-30-2015 07:31 AM
FS[Texas]: 19" OEM Coupe Rays w/ TPMS, Center Caps and Tires JG_G35 19 Inch 14 09-19-2015 10:04 PM
AlexAZD West 0 09-04-2015 01:23 AM
Uprev Spark Tuning pdexta Tuner & Dyno 0 09-02-2015 02:03 PM
Clutch/starting issue. Tech area is dead, so thought I'd post here zcherub G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 5 08-27-2015 10:47 AM


Tags
08, 2008, 2022, 560, cool, features, g37, g37tech, g37x, infiniti, lsd, premium, specs, tech, times
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, rupromenergo.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


vc 22349san mateo speeding ticketplasti dip advance auto350 z rimsduralast padsawd galantlsx swap partshow to add aux input to car stereobel sti driverhome made tire shineinfiniti lease buyoutcost of a clutch replacementiforged daytonainfiniti m45 wheelsvolk re30 club sportaccuair elevel reviewkicker comp 10 8 ohmg35 sedan nismo body kitstruts repair cost estimateaudiofonics adf-2842top secret 350z rear diffuser4 door gtrlow clearance car rampsgtr kit for g35electric intake superchargerwith techronclutch fluid replacementhow to fix cupped tireschassis ears toolduralast ball jointsebc slotted rotors reviewtail light plasti dippolk audio momo 12black hart rotorsalpine pdx 1000infiniti navigation updatebmw 545i reliabilitynexen tires review n5000r34 gtr wheels for salebassani exhaustpsi for carstiptronic shifting how to usealpine iva-w205 pricehow do you reset service engine soon lightcar stalls while idlingpioneer avic d3 wire harnessinfiniti g17infiniti g37 tsbturbonetics 350zbosch oil filter 3323how to replace a camshaft position sensorvossen vvsasa ar2d2s headlight bulbtracklite rims2008 nissan titan service engine soon lightcelica door lock actuatorbp with invigoratepioneer avh 4500btdyno tune san antonio3000k hid fog lightstransmission infiniti g35how much do lamborghini doors costpo174 code2006 infiniti m35 radiatorg35 coupe rear diffusercentric 120 rotorsrecaro speed s350z air ride suspensionvrc13piaa 194vossen wheels priceswindow tint front windshield strip2001 mustang gt reliabilityl7 15 inch