Is my motor knocking!?? (Video Inside) - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Is my motor knocking!?? (Video Inside)

Is my motor knocking!?? (Video Inside)

Old 06-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Is my motor knocking!?? (Video Inside)

Hello All,

I didnt have much luck on the myg37 forum with this so Im going to post it here. I am a former g35 owner, but recently switched to a g37 coupe.

I recently picked up an 09 g37 coupe with 120k miles. It has a clean title, and has been serviced by the dealership pretty regularly. I have the service records in hand. The motor seems to have a ticking/knocking sound. I checked the oil level and its full. Ive put 1000 miles on it already and the oil has not moved. Also, the motor seems to shake at idle like its missing or something.. It is very noticeable when In drive, Reverse and Park. However, it goes away slightly when in neutral. The shaking can best be described as when your car is at a red light and feeling like it might stall.. However, the G hasnt stalled on me. Rpms will drop slightly and cause shaking but not to the point of stalling YET.. The ticking motor and the shaking is starting to concern me...

However, the engine runs great. Plenty of Power, gas mileage is good and car is super clean.. I was comfortable buying the G with high mileage because of the service history records.. but now Im thinking I might have bought a lemon..

Here is a video I took today:
Old 06-28-2016, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venmichaels View Post
It has a clean title, and has been serviced by the dealership pretty regularly. I have the service records in hand. ]
Why didn't you have the dealer/and or another dealer perform a complete inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase?

Telcoman
Old 06-28-2016, 11:00 AM
I did not. This knock wasnt there initially. It just developed out of nowhere.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gas door will not close david.stefanson G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 12 04-09-2016 03:28 PM
Supercharge a High-Mileage Stock Engine? Welaa6MTSedan Forced Induction 6 02-28-2016 05:23 PM
What to expect from high mileage g35? JDMswagSerf G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 3 02-18-2016 06:52 PM
G35 to G37 conversion. Fenders? 08STLX G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 3 02-13-2016 12:41 AM
Checking oil level on G35 Sedan FaureG35 Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 9 10-03-2011 07:45 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: