2006 G35 keyless problem - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2006 G35 keyless problem

2006 G35 keyless problem

Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 PM
The receiver is near the same spot as the I-Key unit. Manual shows this:
Attached Thumbnails
2006 G35 keyless problem-rkreceiver.jpg
Old 07-07-2011, 11:47 PM
ok awesome, is there any way to visually check for faults on the reciever? Like solder joints? how hard is it to remove the casing?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
No idea man, it's probably pretty sealed up. The black boxes aren't built to be serviced, just swapped out.
But seriously, look at those fuses before you do anything.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Ya forgot to mention, all the fuses were checked, and they are good. So im pretty certain it's the reciever, wish i knew someone with a car like mine, just switch them to test my theory, haha. Thanks a lot for all your input, very helpful.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Hey, is there any resolution to this yet? I now have nearly the same problem on my '06.

I know all my remotes work since I also programmed them to control my Frontier, no problems, but I replaced the remote battery at first anyway. I also replaced the vehicle battery about a month ago before this started happening, and I did an ECU reset at that time.

Sometimes I can only unlock the driver door on the G, not all four doors or open all the windows. With the door open I can hit the unlock button on the door so others can get in and then I can also operate the fuel door or outside trunk button, so I don't think it's any of the actuators. It does seem like a receiver issue for my car; 50/50 (or less) whether it will lock/unlock the car.

I should probably try to reprogram them all again, but doubt things will change. Thanks for the fuse ideas, I'll check them this weekend. Anything else?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Any luck solving this issue guys, I have the same problem
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 AM
omg, thanks for that video. I was starting to freak out. I've been getting my car ready to sell tomorrow and for the past two weeks it seems like as I fix something, something else screws up. I had just got done trying to reset my airbag light(loose harness wire under seat) when I noticed my keyless entry no longer worked.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I took my car in for the passenger airbag recall and had them check out the keyless entry system. They are baffled. Tried to blame it on the wrong battery because I used a higher capacity CR2032. They tried to reprogram the keys and it didn't work; they had to reprogram them via the BCM, but nothing really changed. It now works most of the time, and sometimes very slow like hold the button down for a second before the passenger doors unlock, but most of the time they don't. If I unlock the driver door first, then the trunk won't work. They are clueless and just to be safe, didn't even send me a satisfaction survey.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, MarkG, that's a drag. Such a weird problem and infuriating because it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. They used their Consult-II and still couldn't find a problem?

I guess it's possible something is off with your controller unit, like it's slightly out of spec? I think it (and/or the BCM unit) "listens" for a series of pulses from the fob to decode what the request is, maybe it can't count... It almost makes you want to find somebody parting out a G so you could swap in the controller unit just to see. It's not hard to reach anyway.

Good luck. As long as you can get in and start the car that's the main thing.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 AM
I changed my control module and everything works great now, try getting a good used one, new is a rediculous price
Gl
Old 10-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Well, I assume they used Consult because they said the only way to reprogram the remotes was through the BCM directly. The method in the video didn't work for them, but the remotes still work fine for my Frontier. Maybe there is a conflict with them being programmed to two vehicles at once?

Speg80 - Your control module... is that the receiver? Where did you find it?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 AM
I had the same problem programming my remote and was told the same from the dealer but all worked well after changing the receiver(control module).
Are you asking where did I find a used one or where is it located?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes, where did you get a used one, like a junkyard or whatever. And to make sure we're talking about the same thing... receiver vs. controller. This will also help me if I need to go back to the dealer. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:11 PM
I got the receiver from a part out in the forums, I believe the receiver and controller is the same unit
Old 10-22-2011, 08:12 PM
I have the part number if you need