Originally Posted by btran35
I want to rent a fuel pressure test gauge from Autozone. Can anyone help guide me into using it on my car?
Follow the steps in the FSM
"FUEL PRESSURE CHECK
Before disconnecting fuel line, release fuel pressure from fuel line to eliminate danger.
Prepare pans or saucers under the disconnected fuel line because the fuel may spill out. The fuel
pressure cannot be completely released because V35 models do not have fuel return system.
Use Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit (J-44321) to check fuel pressure.
1. Release fuel pressure to zero. Refer to
FUEL PRESSURE RELEASE
2. Install the inline fuel quick disconnected fitting between fuel
damper and injector tube.
3. Connect the fuel pressure test gauge (quick connector adapter
hose) to the inline fuel quick disconnected fitting.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and check for fuel leakage.
5. Start engine and check for fuel leakage.
6. Read the indication of fuel pressure gauge"