Inquiry: Unnecessary Parts? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Inquiry: Unnecessary Parts?

Inquiry: Unnecessary Parts?

Old 09-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Inquiry: Unnecessary Parts?

recently installed some AAM HFC's to replace my old Crawford HFC's. in that process, removed this boomerang bracket that was used to hold up the heavy OEM cats that was now no longer necessary:

going to be installing the G37/370Z Akebono BBK this spring and will likely be discarding the dust shields. after looking at the install online this seems to be the way to go and are dust shields really necessary. I run Akebono Pro-Act ceramics and never have any dust.

made me think of what else could be removed from the car that would not be a detriment to performance, function or durability of the car. obviously the cat bracket and dust shields no longer serve any purpose on my car, but what else is there that I could be missing?

what exactly does this brace do? I have seen many pictures of the underside of G's with this piece removed. is this really necessary? does not appear to really be much of a brace and it is starting to rust.

what else could go in the recycle bins? do not say back seats as I like them in the car.

any other ideas?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:43 PM
There's an extra idler on the engine that used to run the mechanical fans before they switched to electric fans. You can get a shorter belt and delete the pulley, and all you have to add is a spacer for the PS pulley bracket to still sit flush. I've been running without the pulley for 20k miles with no ill effects.

Technically you don't need swaybars.. but that would do not good things to the handling.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g356sp View Post
There's an extra idler on the engine that used to run the mechanical fans before they switched to electric fans. You can get a shorter belt and delete the pulley, and all you have to add is a spacer for the PS pulley bracket to still sit flush. I've been running without the pulley for 20k miles with no ill effects.

Technically you don't need swaybars.. but that would do not good things to the handling.

hey, thanks for the response. thought my thread was dead. sounds a little more involved than what I was thinking. was just looking for stuff like that boomerang bracket for the OEM cats or anything else that can just be discarded as it really serves no other purpose, but thanks again for the reply.

I am keeping my Hotchkis sways.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: