Disable Driver Side Airbag? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Disable Driver Side Airbag?

Disable Driver Side Airbag?

Old 10-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Disable Driver Side Airbag?

I've been researching but haven't come up with an answer: Is there a way to disable only the steering wheel airbag without throwing the light?

I'm 4'11" and should the airbag go off, it could actually kill me. I do want the other airbags functional in the event of a crash, however.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:30 PM
It would be better of you could figure out a way to be further from the wheel. For instance, there are companies that make pedal extensions. To answer your question (without suggesting you do the following) Google "replace airbag with resistor".
Old 10-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_SkylineSedan View Post
It would be better of you could figure out a way to be further from the wheel. For instance, there are companies that make pedal extensions. To answer your question (without suggesting you do the following) Google "replace airbag with resistor".
I can't remember, but those used to not be legal in stock class. Though I haven't been in stock class in years.

I had seen mixed reviews on the resistor and the SRS light. Thanks for the info though!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:12 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
The non-adjustable pedals is the real issue. There used to be a company that made legal pedal extensions, the premium package seat can be raised to a safe height or the overall track can be shimmed for the non-height adjustable ones.

Disabling the SRS is not a good answer.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The non-adjustable pedals is the real issue. There used to be a company that made legal pedal extensions, the premium package seat can be raised to a safe height or the overall track can be shimmed for the non-height adjustable ones.

Disabling the SRS is not a good answer.
I remember reading in a number of places that disabling the driver airbag is actually a better solution than just leaving it alone. I'm pretty sure the adapters for dwarves/little people to drive disable it. I don't have a premium package, and while I fit fine, it's just too close for comfort. I think NHTSA said 10-12 inches and I'm about 9-10.

If the resistor option doesn't trigger a light, I'm likely going to try that, or I will get an aftermarket wheel and forego all the nice creature comforts.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:26 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
The disability vehicles I've seen in the past still had a functional airbag, the pedal extensions and seat height adjustment were the only mods. I work with a man who's only about 4_1/2' tall and it's the same setup he was in his car.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: