Ground strap, LH (driver) side connected to the head. - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Ground strap, LH (driver) side connected to the head.

Ground strap, LH (driver) side connected to the head.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Ground strap, LH (driver) side connected to the head.

2006 6MT

There’s a ground strap connected to the LH head, in about the middle (half way between the front and back of the head). It’s a flat steel braided cable about 1/4” wide, with a plastic connector that goes to a metal piece with about 2” of metal that goes into the connector, and an eyelet on the end that appears to be intended for one of the ubiquitous 10mm bolts.

I think this is a body ground, but I’m having trouble figuring out where it’s supposed to attach to the car. I took pictures before disassembling, but those have conveniently disappeared. (I really need to hide my phone at night, the kids keep trying to play freaking Minecraft and don’t know the 8 digit PIN.)

Can someone tell me, or for bonus points, post a pic of, where this strap connects to the car?

I’ve been through the FSM but haven’t found any information on this. I’m probably just missing it.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:31 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
This one?

Old 11-25-2017, 12:40 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
NVM You're looking for this one, directly under where the intake tube attaches to the MAF. There is a flat blade sta-kon connector bolted to the frame and the braided strap plugs into it.
Sorry for the trashy photo it's hard to get the camera to adjust into that tiny little space and I'm not taking my intake off this morning
Old 11-25-2017, 01:11 PM
That's the one! Thanks! I owe you several.

Here's a funny one:

The non-rev engine, with the rev-up harness, and the non-rev ECU:

Starts and runs.

WTF.

I was able to reprogram the keys with Nissan DataScan II and a VAG KKL cable, but only with the 350Z (non-rev) ECU, not with the original G35 ECU.

Confusing, more investigation required.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: