KCR Exhaust review (X02) - Page 28 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • KCR Exhaust review (X02)

KCR Exhaust review (X02)

Old 07-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Good call with the tips! Can you post a lunk on where you can order these tips, or a pic of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom's_Z View Post
I bought one of these and had the same issues. I believe ALL of these have the crooked exhaust tip fitment on the right exhaust tip (the screws holes that mount the titanium tip are crooked), and my mechanic could not get them to line up against the bumper cutouts at all, PLUS the tips were tucked in a bit too much. Took it for a spin, and the exhaust was loud, a bit raspy and droned too much. After 2 days, went back and had it fixed by getting 2 new stainless steel resonated tips welded on for another $100. HUGE difference! Droning went away, and it got a bit quieter. And no more rasp.

So overall, satisfied, but it cost me $450. Still a good deal in my opinion, because the rest of the exhaust is top notch quality, except for the tips, which seem kind of flimsy anyway. I recorded a driveby, will post when I have a chance. I got the idea for the resonated tips from my old APS exhaust, which had identical tips and sounded perfect!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonG6spd View Post
Good call with the tips! Can you post a link on where you can order these tips, or a pic of them?
There is a seller on E-Bay named never_bonestock, he has these, but a tiny bit bigger. Mine are 2.75 inch inlet and 4" inch outlet, and the ones he is selling are 2.75 inlet and 5" outlet, but they appear to be identical otherwise, and they are also stainless steel. They are also resonated like mine. These have to be welded on like I did, and anyway, screws lead to theft.

He is selling them for $30 each, but is taking offers. Free shipping, so that is a hell of a deal for the $$. I would have taken them, but couldnt wait a week, as I would have melted my bumper off (daily driver). So I wound up compromising and getting the ones the shop had though they were a bit smaller.

The tips really do make a huge difference, but also attract attention. A cop pulled me over this morning just to screw with me, so that is one of the bad things about having a louder exhaust. No ticket though!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verilath View Post
I really like the sound of the exhaust, but how loud is it? In comparison to stock, would u say twice as loud? 1.5x as loud? It's just hard to tell by the clip. I don't want an obnoxious car, but I want people to know I'm coming
At least 3X as loud, especially when pulling off from a light. Once underway, it tails off, but don't expect anything like your stock exhaust. Meaner at high revs. I don't like the sound as much from within the car, but it sounds ferocious if you are outside the car seeing it drive by. I will post a video tonight, I think it sounds siiiiiiccck from outside at WOT.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Some pics of mine being welded on. Also a pic of the old tips. The mechanic offered to straighten out the old tips, but I really think they are too thin - and it looks like every single exhaust I've seen evaluated here has the exact same tips, just some have more holes in em. Still have them, dont think I will ever use them.....
Attached Thumbnails
KCR Exhaust review (X02)-ex2.jpg KCR Exhaust review (X02)-photo.jpg KCR Exhaust review (X02)-ex3.jpg KCR Exhaust review (X02)-picture-006.jpg KCR Exhaust review (X02)-picture-007.jpg

Last edited by tom's_Z; 07-21-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I just want to clarify. Is everyone reviewing the same exhaust as OP? Seems to me like not everyone is buying the same exhaust and may be causing mixed reviews. OP refers to the KCR X02 from a specific vendor. Not all the X02 exhausts from other vendors from different vendors are made exactly the same and vary in quality control and materials used.

Quote:
I bought one of these and had the same issues. I believe ALL of these have the crooked exhaust tip fitment on the right exhaust tip (the screws holes that mount the titanium tip are crooked), and my mechanic could not get them to line up against the bumper cutouts at all, PLUS the tips were tucked in a bit too much. Took it for a spin, and the exhaust was loud, a bit raspy and droned too much. After 2 days, went back and had it fixed by getting 2 new stainless steel resonated tips welded on for another $100. HUGE difference! Droning went away, and it got a bit quieter. And no more rasp.

So overall, satisfied, but it cost me $450. Still a good deal in my opinion, because the rest of the exhaust is top notch quality, except for the tips, which seem kind of flimsy anyway. I recorded a driveby, will post when I have a chance. I got the idea for the resonated tips from my old APS exhaust, which had identical tips and sounded perfect!
I don't think you bought the same exhaust as OP. The price you paid with modification and new tips is $450. The OP paid $519 and says his tips are good quality and from his photos they are adjustable in length. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks

So after reading you guy's reviews looks like the main issues from the KCR exhaust is that they are slightly off center and the tips may be drilled crooked. Thanks everyone for videos and reviews.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyoquem View Post
I just want to clarify. Is everyone reviewing the same exhaust as OP? Seems to me like not everyone is buying the same exhaust and may be causing mixed reviews. OP refers to the KCR X02 from a specific vendor. Not all the X02 exhausts from other vendors from different vendors are made exactly the same and vary in quality control and materials used.

I don't think you bought the same exhaust as OP. The price you paid with modification and new tips is $450. The OP paid $519 and says his tips are good quality and from his photos they are adjustable in length. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks

So after reading you guy's reviews looks like the main issues from the KCR exhaust is that they are slightly off center and the tips may be drilled crooked. Thanks everyone for videos and reviews.
You are right, people are reporting their experiences with different vendors. But everyone is reporting on a version of an X02 exhaust they bought. No one is going to buy from the OP's vendor if it can be bought more cheaply, especially if the OP hasnt posted video yet to confirm the sound is any better. And I am very happy with the quality I got, except for the tips. And I don't want adjustable tips, because that just means more holes.

Most of the exhausts reported on here look identical, and yet from different vendors. Maybe we are all buying from the same manufacturer with some small variances in the product? Possible, as manufacturers tend to improve their product over time. One sure fire way to tell (at least for me) that they are from the same manufacturer is that they have the exact same flaw - the mounting screws on the right exhaust tip are not horizontal, but are off really bad. And in any case, I don't like the tips, as the metal is very thin and seems cheaply made. By the way, the tips on my exhaust were NOT adjustable.

It might look a little better (not to me), because of the burnt tip, but a resonated tip makes it sound miles better to me. Just my opinion, and I am glad I bought it.

Last edited by tom's_Z; 07-21-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
^same experience with cxlightning as tom. They aren't adjustable (I wish it came out a tiny bit more), but I don't like the holes on the op's.

The right tips bolts are very diagonal which is annoying...

Cabin noise isn't exactly what I like, but the outside noise is awesome
Old 07-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsA View Post
How about any droning?... Im about to buy this exhaust within the next week or 2. I just dont want any annoying drone on the freeway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyoquem View Post

I can tell they bought the exhaust from a different vender, because the tips are only drilled once and sunken in, and the fitment is not the greatest. My review is from M2performance, i dont know where evryone is getting theirs from, but it is obviously different

Last edited by xXHotelCrazyXx; 07-20-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
You are right about the tips being poor fitment but wrong if you are commenting on the rest of the exhaust as the remaining parts are excellent quality. And I believe all of the right exhaust tips are cockeyed on these, just like the yours is (and mine was). Having said that I still believe all of the exhausts at least r using the same blueprint or the right side wouldn't be off like that. I am very happy with mine now that I had the tips replaced.

Last edited by tom's_Z; 07-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Off topic but I just went to the track this weekend. It's an 1/8th mile in Kennedale. I ran a 9.74 at 73. This seems disappointing to me.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMalone View Post
Off topic but I just went to the track this weekend. It's an 1/8th mile in Kennedale. I ran a 9.74 at 73. This seems disappointing to me.
You should do better than that. I ran 9.2's bone stock with only a 2.2 60ft.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Some pics of mine being welded on. Also a pic of the old tips. I included a pic of one of my custom MRR GT-1's....powder coated.
Looking at your picture of the stock tips. Is yours really that far off? Looks like the right is sunken in and high. The left looks like it touching the right side of the exhaust cut-out.

The new tips looks great BTW!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Yah pretty bad and the right tip burned off some paint. Seemed to be the tips because the rest is spot on-no rattles and a great sound. taking the camera to work to see if I can post my drive by from there.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx View Post
I can tell they bought the exhaust from a different vender, because the tips are only drilled once and sunken in, and the fitment is not the greatest. My review is from M2performance, i dont know where evryone is getting theirs from, but it is obviously different
I think I am the only person on here who took Hotel's Advice and paid a little bit more and went with the M2 Performance origional Post link. I didnt want to compromise quality by saving a little $$. The shop just called and Said my car will be rdy to pick up this afternoon. I Will post pics once I get it back and let you all know how the fittment turned out. so far the guy on the phone said it looks great, it was just a tight squeeze getting it past one of the drivetrain metal bars. but he assured me that nothing is touching and no tips are touching the bumper or anything like that. I'll let u all know later this afternnoon once I see it for myself. and ill post pics
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
So the general concensus is this exhaust (running cats) is 3x louder than stock?