Anyone used a Borla ProXS 400287 muffler/resonator? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Anyone used a Borla ProXS 400287 muffler/resonator?

Anyone used a Borla ProXS 400287 muffler/resonator?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Anyone used a Borla ProXS 400287 muffler/resonator?

I've had the Borla TD catback system on my sedan for about 5yrs and the center resonator/muffler started coming apart and rattling inside. I took a risk, being ok with a louder exhaust and just replaced it with straight pipes. The little resonator tubes and rear muffler still intact. Naturally, it got a lot louder, but the signature, low growl that Borla is known for was completely gone.

Interested enough, the drone below 2500rpm was almost completely gone. Once I realized this, I started researching options...thinking I'd probably end up going with the resonated Xpipe that Jeff92se has several threads about. But I didn't want the tone to change much. I like the more GT-R sound the Borla gives instead of the coupe sound that many try to get.

I went back a week later to the shop I go to, and they had a 2in/out Borla muffler that looked similar to the CBE system one that went out on me. This one had slightly curved tubing inside with a hole cut where they met. Perfect! Essentially a Borla resonated X pipe. The only problem is it's 2.5" tubing instead of the Borla 2.25". The Borla part number was 400286. After a little research, I found the 400287 has 2.25" tubing.

So this brings me to my question of whether anyone has ever used it before. I'm hoping it will calm the original drone a bit, and most importantly bring back a little torque while keeping the nice, deep Borla growl.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: G35-2004-mt6 G35 Cars 3 09-11-2015 05:16 PM
deal or no deal? TrillO.G.35 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 14 09-05-2015 03:06 AM

Tags
400286, 400287, borla
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments