1)Hole in back bumper estimate cost 2)place to fix in Boston MA area? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 1)Hole in back bumper estimate cost 2)place to fix in Boston MA area?

1)Hole in back bumper estimate cost 2)place to fix in Boston MA area?

Old 03-29-2009, 12:54 AM
1)Hole in back bumper estimate cost 2)place to fix in Boston MA area?

Hi all
I have not yet bought a car but I was looking at one at the dealer.
I spotted a small hole in the back bumper of the 07g35c OB colour.
There was a nail that went through it. (Nail is still lodged inside.)
No idea how this came about.

The dealer said it would cost 150bucks on top of the deal to patch it (with something? plastic?), sand it smooth and repaint the whole bumper.

1)How much does it normally cost to patch it, smooth and repaint the OB bumper?
2) If it is >150, I would go with the dealer. If it is <150, where would you recommend to get it patch and repainted in the greater Boston MA area?

Thanks

Photos attached.
Attached Thumbnails
1)Hole in back bumper estimate cost 2)place to fix in Boston MA area?-hole-car.jpg 1)Hole in back bumper estimate cost 2)place to fix in Boston MA area?-hole-car-2.jpg
Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 AM
If the dealer is willing to let you walk over what they call a quick and easy $150 fix, you don't want to buy a car from them.
A bumper job is going to $500 easy. There's the paint job itself, but also the labor in removing it and reinstalling it as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Yeah, $150 sounds a bit too cheap to patch, sand and paint the whole bumper. I wouldn't trust it, if anything tell them to do it but let them know wheather you sign papers on the car or not depends on how that bumper repair looks. I did the same when I bought my car, the wheels needed to be refinished, so I told the dealer if he could have them cleaned or refinished and call me when they're done and then I would sign papers (if they looked good of course). I went back a few days later, the wheels looked great, so I signed the papers.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:13 AM
I'd tell a dealer to pound sand that said I'd have to pay an extra $1 for something like this.

What they should have done was what every dealer would do: fix it and include that cost in the price. No one wants a car in that condition, so just fix it.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 AM
+1 for the above 3 responses
Old 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AesonVirus View Post
If the dealer is willing to let you walk over what they call a quick and easy $150 fix, you don't want to buy a car from them.
A bumper job is going to $500 easy. There's the paint job itself, but also the labor in removing it and reinstalling it as well.
the dealer had good reviews and is an infiniti dealer themselves (not the other kind of dealers that sold "luxury car brands dealer" but were not a specific brand dealer)

i believe they said they do not recondition the exterior of the car body after buying from the auction. they want their customers to see what it is and what they are buying.
the whole body left right tpo bottom is in excellent shape. no dings or scratches.
only the lower front and back bumper has some scratches.

2yr old car bought from the auction

the infiniti dealer had a body shop and that it would he would add 150 to the selling price if i wanted the hole fixed up.

how?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Yeah, $150 sounds a bit too cheap to patch, sand and paint the whole bumper. I wouldn't trust it, if anything tell them to do it but let them know wheather you sign papers on the car or not depends on how that bumper repair looks. I did the same when I bought my car, the wheels needed to be refinished, so I told the dealer if he could have them cleaned or refinished and call me when they're done and then I would sign papers (if they looked good of course). I went back a few days later, the wheels looked great, so I signed the papers.
hi would definitely ask the them to fix it up before i sign papers. (if we agree to a price.. still negotiating)

but i think they might as for a deposit because they are doing something to the car.

should i put a deposit down then?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35 Mass View Post
I'd tell a dealer to pound sand that said I'd have to pay an extra $1 for something like this.

What they should have done was what every dealer would do: fix it and include that cost in the price. No one wants a car in that condition, so just fix it.
yeah i saw the hole and told him its go to be fixed
the general manager (one tough salesman) said 150 easy fix.

anyways, perhaps i just have to see the 150 as part of the cost of the car price (in total)

hmmmm

thanks everyone for their responses
Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haagen_dazs View Post
yeah i saw the hole and told him its go to be fixed
the general manager (one tough salesman) said 150 easy fix.

anyways, perhaps i just have to see the 150 as part of the cost of the car price (in total)

hmmmm

thanks everyone for their responses

if the GM says it's an ez fix then tell him u will pay him a 150 and he fix it before u take the car, therefore, if it cost more he has to eat it.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:48 PM
I wouldnt fix it for $150.

Need to remove bumper, heat and repair the hole, a little bit of putty, prime, sand,color and clear, sand out dirt, buff then put back on.

Thats a lot for $150
Old 03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
oh wells
its a moot point now since
the infiniti dealer said that the car was sold this morning

funny though since i called last night after closing hours and was negotiating with the GM, and it was sold this morning already (heavy heavy downpour this morning in the MA region)

back to the hunt again...
=/
Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Good luck, i'm looking for an 06-07 possibly right now. I can't find any MA dealers that have any, i'm picky though, I don't want wheat interior and I want navi.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty240 View Post
I wouldnt fix it for $150.

Need to remove bumper, heat and repair the hole, a little bit of putty, prime, sand,color and clear, sand out dirt, buff then put back on.

Thats a lot for $150
^yup

That price cant be right, or there just doing a spot repair and not taking of the bumper (just painting the one spot)

3.5 hours for paint x $45 = $157.50
3.5 paint material x $22 = $77
1.5 hours to R+I bumper x $45 = $67.50
1 hour repair bumper x $45 = $45
.5 hours feather,sand,prime and block x $45 = $22.50

$369.50
Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 PM
^Dont forget tint time and hazardous waste disposeal fee. lol
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 PM
^ I was being cheap, oh and we cant forget about a test panel and I would go for mask vehicle for overspray, but that would never fly. lol