I've been on this forum for a while but this is my first thread. I was in an accident not too long ago and unfortunately my hood hinges bent. I bought them for 50 bucks from a local dealership but they wanted 400 to install them. So I decided to try myself and since I couldn't find a DIY i decided to make one myself. It took me about 3 hours to do mostly because I was making it up as I went. You do not need to remove the entire fender to do this. Don't let the dealership tell you its necessary.
To start off you'll need a phillips head and a flat head screw driver. A socket wrench with 10 mm and 12 mm sockets. And a friend to help take the hood off. Its bulky.
1. Remove the bumper. Take out all the plastic tabs with the flat head screw driver and the screws with the 10mm socket. Its not too hard to do and there is no need to jack the car up. To get the ones in the wheel well you'll have to turn the wheel and peel back the wheel well lining.
2. After the bumper is off I took out the headlights. This isn't actually necessary but it gives you more room and i'm replacing mine with the projector ones anyways.
3. Now take the hood off the hinges. There are four bolts and they require the 12 mm socket. This is where the friend holds the hood so it doesn't fall on the car.
4. Next take out the plastic tabs that hold on the battery cover and remove this.
5.Along the sides of the fender are 2 12mm bolts and a few 10 mm.
6. After all bolts are removed you can pull the fender out a little. Don't worry about bending it, it can take some abuse.
7. Undo the three 12 mm bolts that hold the hind to the car. you'll have to keep pulling the fender back while doing this. Its tight but possible to do.
8. This is the hinge removed.
9. After this just put in the new hinge and bolt everything back up and put the hood back on. Make sure its aligned right though.
I hope this helps anyone since i know these hinges suck. Thanks davidxu for helping with those pictures.