g35 coupe airbag module location?? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • g35 coupe airbag module location??

g35 coupe airbag module location??

Old 10-09-2006, 06:50 PM
g35 coupe airbag module location??

smashed up the G and i need top have the airbag module reset. can some one tell me where i can find the module??

thank you,

keegan
Old 10-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned
Actually, if the airbags deployed you need a new airbag module. They are one time use.

Any ways, it should be under the center console, towards the back of it. On my '04 it was directly beneath the rear storage section of the center console.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
In order to get to the module, do you have to take out the seats? Is the a DIY write up on this. I searched and found nothing.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
^no you do not. Make sure when it comes out and you put the new one in the battery is disconnected. You might want a shop to do this imo.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Are you talking about shopping around for different shops to repair the module? I am considering using this web site.
Do you know anything about this company. They require I take out the module and ship it to them. They will see if they can repair it. If they can I will only have the pay $50.00 plus shipping and handling. They can also send a refurbished module if my module is not repairable. What do you think? anyone ever worked with this company?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 AM
^First you might want to start a thread about this instead of asking questions in some one elses imo.

But no I do not or would not "fix" the box. I replace them. I dont want some guy ten states away fixing somthing like this. My friend tryed them and it worked for two or three months and then stopped. He called them and they said sorry I guess its not fixable........ but yet they would not refund his money?! If the air bag go's of 1/2 a second to late your face is all ready in the windshield.

Do you do auto body for work? Go here and take the two class's im listing, there on air bags and seat belts.

RES01-Restraints
RES02-Advanced Restraint Systems
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks. I was trying to avoid paying the stealership, Infiniti, $1200 to replace this module. I know there is not a price you can put on safty. I bought this car with a clean carfax and it was a one owner vehicle. I am already $1100 in the hole due to the airbag light coming on shortly after I bought the car. I had a body shop replace the right curtain air bag but they could not reset the module. So I took it to the Infiniti Dealer and they diagnos the system and said the module is not responding. They then said it need to be replaced and gave me the $1200 quote. The part alone was about $600 and the rest was labor. I did not feel this was right so I started my research and this is where I am now. Thanks for your info on this. I will also start a new Thread about this if I need more info.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 PM
^ Here is were I buy used parts, its a link to were all the salvage companys list there parts. You can buy one for half that price and instail it your self