Anyone running Cobra R's on their G? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Anyone running Cobra R's on their G?

Anyone running Cobra R's on their G?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Anyone running Cobra R's on their G?

I found a set of four 18x9, +25 Cobra R wheels (silver) for a decent price. Anyone running these on a coupe - even in a different size? Got pix? Will this work for a non-staggered setup on a coupe w/ Brembos? I put 30K miles per year on my car, so I really want to get away from the staggered setup.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 AM
umm NO!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryboyy View Post
umm NO!
No what? You even familiar with those wheels?

If the price is right, go for it. They aren't bad.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Oddly enough, I've been looking at these wheels for my sedan.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 AM
I've definately considered Some Shelby wheels for mine. My sister has some sweet staggered 20's on her stang that I I found on Ebay. They would look really NICE on the G and they are reasonably priced.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I saw the saleen style wheels ona G35 coupe once...didnt look too bad. I've considered it for winter use. I'm tires of my sunken OEM 18s
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapiron7 View Post
No what? You even familiar with those wheels?

If the price is right, go for it. They aren't bad.
Doode are you serious mustang wheels on a g35 I mean go for it but you're gonna need a flame suit with them..
Old 07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, I went ahead and picked them up. They're the regular silver finish, and they're in pretty much perfect condition. They look exactly like the chrome ones pictured above, except for the finish. 2 of the tires that came with them are absolute junk, and the other 2 tires are pretty much brand new, but they're WAY the wrong size. So, I can remove and resell the 2 good tires for probably $80-$100. I paid $325 for the complete set, and the guy dropped them off at my office for me - I didn't hardly have to lift a finger.

I agree that they're darn sure not the sweetest-looking rims for a G35! I'm thinking possibly get them powder coated black... maybe that won't look too bad with the silver G and the Brembos behind them... Na.. It'll still look like azz, but it's the right size wheels at the right price. I really just wanted the extra width over the stockers, in order to counteract the rear tire wear problem, and I also badly want to get away from the staggered setup, so I can rotate tires. Heck, I'll probably come out ahead money-wise on the deal, if I decide to sell the stock wheels.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Doode are you serious mustang wheels on a g35 I mean go for it but you're gonna need a flame suit with them..
Look at the lip and design on that wheel. If it said Volk on the centercap instead of SR you'd be busting a nut all over it like the other fan boys on this forum.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,221 Times in 987 Posts
Quote:
Why are you being so narrow minded here? Who gives a **** what car they came off of if they fit well, look good, are a quality wheel, and the OP likes them?

Grow the fvck up and keep your negativity to yourself. Scrapiron is right, too many people on here are brand snobs when it comes to wheels.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,221 Times in 987 Posts
OP post up pics when you get them on. I bet they look really good so congrats on being different.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes post up some pics. I'm interested to see how they look on the G.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow threads with comments like that remind me there are some really snobby people on this site.

OP I don't think anyone has ever done a set of cobra R wheels on a g35. And if they have I doubt its ever been posted online. If they fit well they could look really good as they are a classic 5 spoke design. While you are trying to stay away from staggered wheels/tires, you may need to get some spacers for the rear to keep them from looking too tucked in.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Red Card Crew
Ive run cobra wheels on my maxima. Their spoke design allowed me to run 300ZX 4 piston calipers and 13" rotors w/o spacers. 17x8 also.

The only thing is Ford's hubs are bigger than Nissan. So the wheels won't be hub centric.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapiron7 View Post
Look at the lip and design on that wheel. If it said Volk on the centercap instead of SR you'd be busting a nut all over it like the other fan boys on this forum.
I dont personally like the design if you do and the rest of the people here do so be it. It's not on my car. just my 0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
Why are you being so narrow minded here? Who gives a **** what car they came off of if they fit well, look good, are a quality wheel, and the OP likes them?

Grow the fvck up and keep your negativity to yourself. Scrapiron is right, too many people on here are brand snobs when it comes to wheels.
lol not a snob at all bro. Im actually thinking of getting the Varrstoen wheels and their not a "brand" wheel actual knock-off wheels. If you thought my comments or me expressing my opinion are negative and I need to grow the fvck up, well then welcome to a forum were people everyday have different opinions and ideas my friend. But thank you for your comment shows how mature you really are blue dream

Last edited by VictoriousG; 07-28-2010 at 06:22 PM.