REVIEW: MTEC 350/370Z &G35/37 Spring Shifter Kit - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion |
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • REVIEW: MTEC 350/370Z &G35/37 Spring Shifter Kit

REVIEW: MTEC 350/370Z &G35/37 Spring Shifter Kit

Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM
REVIEW: MTEC 350/370Z &G35/37 Spring Shifter Kit

Vehicle being tested on.

2004 G35 coupe
-CD009 transmission
-Rogue engineering short shifter

This is a relatively new product so I figured it warranted a review. I found this product through the companies post on a Facebook page I follow and decided, for the $35, what is there to lose. Shipping and packing was great, received my Spring kit in 2 days from date of shipping and just installed it today.

That is a pic of the product.

The installation instructions per the company webpage.

Instructions are well documented with images that illustrate well of where work will be being performed. My biggest issue with these instructions is the tools required section. An adjustable crescent wrench is not all you will need as this tool isn't able to access the driver's side spring bolt because of the vibration dampening bracket. I ended up having to go and get a 27mm box end wrench to be able to remove the driver's side bolt.Other than that, installation was fairly simple and as expected.

As for a driving impression, honestly, I was unimpressed. It claimed easier shifting from 2>3 and from 5>4. I had been paying attention to how it shifted for the past few days, as I knew I would be installing this product. The way it seemed on Facebook, this product was untested on a vehicle with a short throw shifter. Therefore, I am unsure if my lackluster improvement is due to actual product or my short shifter. For a total cost of $55 (appx) price, even with such a minor hit to the wallet, I would say it is not worth it, unless the transmission s under the car. The amount of effort to install with everything in the car, isn't worth the result pending you have a short shifter. I cannot speak on vehicles with OEM shifters, I hope someone will try this mod, with an OEM shifter and chime in.

Last edited by Shakuya88; 04-01-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM
i have it on my OEM shifter and i feel no difference unfortunately shifting is still the same i think the new fluid i put in did more than the springs tbh

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a Brake Kit - Very Little Idea of What I Need, Nub Alert Jiggerjuice Brakes & Suspension 9 10-05-2015 02:33 PM
2003 G35 Sedan Swift Springs/ KYB Shock Combo Dundermuffin666 Brakes & Suspension 0 08-14-2015 04:01 PM
FS[Canada]: 2003+ infiniti g35 350z tein basic coilover damper kit springs netcbc Steering & Suspension CDN 0 07-24-2015 11:25 AM
Buddy Club Racing Spec Short Throw Shifter (REVIEWS?) BasquiatPicasso General Tech Questions 0 07-23-2015 06:26 PM

350z, g35, install, mtec, review, shifter, short, spring, springs
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: