2003 g35 dying while driving.. almost crashing - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2003 g35 dying while driving.. almost crashing

2003 g35 dying while driving.. almost crashing

Old 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM
English dude, English
Geez guys, mine is 10 yrs old, I'm original owner and supercharged, yet have NONE of these problems. I'm still in love with this car and its like a drug every time I get in it.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Not every car will have the problem. We happen to have a lemon
I solved my problem. Sold my car haha
Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 PM
ok - I have to add in on this one.

My ride is a 2003 G35 Coupe 5AT

This just happened to me and it was UBER SCARY!

Actually, this just happened to me the *second* time. First time I'd just backed out of my driveway in the morning (cold morning by FL standards) about 2 weeks ago. After completing the backward turnout, I put it in Drive (5AT) and pressed on the gas, just about one half of a second after accelerating - poof - car is dead but still traveling forward. The dash lights are off, the engine is off and by that the steering and brakes are manual only.

So today, I'm doing traffic pace speed on the interstate which was between 75 and 80 or so in a big *** group of cars - and poof! ****ing car just dies on me! I toss it into Neutral but I'm falling in speed fast and the cars behind me are gaining quick! I saw an opening and decided to try to get the car out of the lane and into the shoulder... ****ING WHEEL LOCKS IN A TURN!!!!

At this point I'm locked into a bad situation so I flip the key back to the off position and start ripping on the wheel while trying to get the key from there back to on / start on the ignition - cars whizzing around me (this one poor bastard slips between me and the drop off past the shoulder honking the entire time at like 60 easily o__o ). Finally the wheel unlocks and barely keep myself from driving right past the shoulder and into the trees!

When you're driving - and something like this happens - a trillion things happen in about 5 seconds time. it's unreal.

After a minute to catch my composure.. I try to start it back up and - vroom - starts right up like nothing happened! I have a little ODBII Bluetooth module in my center console - so I decide 'lets check the codes' (even though there are no check engine lights or slip lights illuminated) and guess what?

NO CODES! Not even cached or temporary codes.. and I know this unit works, it's got real-time readout from ODB II on the Torque Android app functioning and it's what gave me the code that led to how I solved my previous throttle position sensor escapade about 3 months back.

Dude - this car just nearly killed me and who knows how many others.

F'n UNACCEPTABLE!

You want to know the kicker? I found this thread while sitting on the side of the road and called Infiniti Consumer relations - give them the recall info, my VIN and the story of what *JUST* happened to me...... They say (in essentially these words / but not these words) - eat a dick, you're not on the list - go find a dealer and figure it out chump.

:O :O :O :O :O !!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah - This car (and Nissan for that matter!) is seriously on the outs with me.

What now? Where would you even go from here?
The Following User Says Thank You to CLRH2O For This Useful Post:
Tacit Blue (09-03-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Angry Same problem as CLRH2O has, G35 dies and throws NO CODES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLRH2O View Post

Actually, this just happened to me the *second* time. First time I'd just backed out of my driveway in the morning (cold morning by FL standards) about 2 weeks ago. After completing the backward turnout, I put it in Drive (5AT) and pressed on the gas, just about one half of a second after accelerating - poof - car is dead but still traveling forward. The dash lights are off, the engine is off and by that the steering and brakes are manual only.

So today, I'm doing traffic pace speed on the interstate which was between 75 and 80 or so in a big *** group of cars - and poof! ****ing car just dies on me! I toss it into Neutral but I'm falling in speed fast and the cars behind me are gaining quick! I saw an opening and decided to try to get the car out of the lane and into the shoulder... ****ING WHEEL LOCKS IN A TURN!!!!

At this point I'm locked into a bad situation so I flip the key back to the off position and start ripping on the wheel while trying to get the key from there back to on / start on the ignition - cars whizzing around me (this one poor bastard slips between me and the drop off past the shoulder honking the entire time at like 60 easily o__o ). Finally the wheel unlocks and barely keep myself from driving right past the shoulder and into the trees!

When you're driving - and something like this happens - a trillion things happen in about 5 seconds time. it's unreal.

After a minute to catch my composure.. I try to start it back up and - vroom - starts right up like nothing happened! I have a little ODBII Bluetooth module in my center console - so I decide 'lets check the codes' (even though there are no check engine lights or slip lights illuminated) and guess what?

NO CODES! Not even cached or temporary codes.. and I know this unit works, it's got real-time readout from ODB II on the Torque Android app functioning and it's what gave me the code that led to how I solved my previous throttle position sensor escapade about 3 months back.

F'n UNACCEPTABLE!

You want to know the kicker? I found this thread while sitting on the side of the road and called Infiniti Consumer relations - give them the recall info, my VIN and the story of what *JUST* happened to me...... They say (in essentially these words / but not these words) - eat a dick, you're not on the list - go find a dealer and figure it out chump.

So yeah - This car (and Nissan for that matter!) is seriously on the outs with me.

Hey man, I am having the same EXACT problem with my 2003 G35 coupe 5AT crapping out on me at stop lights or while driving. If at a stop light and it dies, I have to restart it again but it does start right back up. Of while driving, it dies and then comes back to life on its own..... About 4 times total in the last two weeks, sometimes throwing the cam positioner code and the last time NO. CODES and that's after I cleared all previous codes before the last crap out! I live here in the Tarpon Springs area and if you have figured this out then I would appreciate some insight.

Rich
Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Quote:

F'n UNACCEPTABLE!

Same exact car, same exact problem right now, what did you do to get it fixed?
The Following User Says Thank You to kensonwashere For This Useful Post:
Tacit Blue (09-03-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 11:56 PM
It's been happening to me more and more. When it happened today I said that's it.
It's really scary at highway speed in heavy fast Austin traffic. I almost had what would of been a hard collision.my mountain biking finally paid off in brake stomping.
I'm gonna check out the recall. Maybe it's viable. Otherwise I guess I'm changing a bunch of sensors. Worth it though. The car has been the best car I've ever owned.
By far.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Brakes

I have to add in on this one.

Quote:

That sucks about Nissan Customer Care. This is serious.
I wonder how much it would cost them if you me and a few others here actually had wrecked after clearly explaining and posting about what was the extremely likely culprit.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
I found this thread very helpful so I wanted to add.
I change 2 of my three $447.18 cam and crank sensors I bought
For my 03 G35C..
Four hundred forty seven dollars..Ouch infiniti..really?
I know I could have got the 350z versions for less but I was in a crunch.
And Infiniti is REAL close to my work.
Plus I had to do it after a long workday, y'all know the drill.
Anyway the crankshaft and the passengers side was done last night.
Crank was cake and the passenger was a tiny bear but nothing bad, just tight.
But Today? It was a big improvement.
I think I must have changed the one that was bad.
Yes I have a code reader, no I didn't read it .
Because I was positive it was one f the 3.
I'm doing the drivers side Sat. and cleaning the TPS.
Today it started better, idled better,
and had crisper throttle response.
Speaking of.. I wonder what the response will be like once I clean the Throttle body
for the first time in 175k ? haha...
Old 04-04-2015, 06:50 PM
My car stumbles occasionally. Torque app said it was the cam sensor. I replaced both along w/the crank sensor.

Still stumbles and torque app still throws the Bank 1, Sensor A camshaft sensor error. No CEL light on the dash. I clear the code (while engine isn't running otherwise clearing the code will kill the engine), and sure enough, it re-appears.

May need a new ECU or something.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teahead View Post
My car stumbles occasionally. Torque app said it was the cam sensor. I replaced both along w/the crank sensor.

Still stumbles and torque app still throws the Bank 1, Sensor A camshaft sensor error. No CEL light on the dash. I clear the code (while engine isn't running otherwise clearing the code will kill the engine), and sure enough, it re-appears.

May need a new ECU or something.
Did you replace them with OEM ones from Nissan, or generic ones from the local parts shop? There have been a number of threads over the years pointing to the aftermarket generic (bosch and others) sensors just not working right. So, in the off chance you didn't - get legit ones from Infiniti parts usa or similar (thier prices are great for OEM parts though) - and then report back.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Ya, stupid me put in a Delphi CPS. Ordered a Nissan one and hope it will fix it. Will report back.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:26 PM
If this also an issue on mt?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:10 PM
I'd have to say yes, same engine same sensors.

Anyone else care to chime in on this question?
Old 04-18-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm actually having this problem right now. I have an 03 G35 6MT coupe. Once the car warms up, the rpms dip and it cuts out/off. Sometimes it's a slow start.

I replaced the camshaft sensor with one from Nissan, but it's still doing it. If I could get my car inspected with a check engine light, I honestly woudn't care one bit. But, because I can't, I have to get if fixed. PITA. But, Monday, I'm going to call my local Infiniti dealer (and I don't even know where they are) and pick their brain.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Well...my Nissan sensors (changed both of them) worked for me. The Delphi ones are CRAP!

Careful when pulling off the clip. You push IN on the green inner part, then pull on the outer part to pull it off the sensor.

I HIGHLY recommend getting the Torque app and an cheap OBDII blue tooth connector.

The CEL light on the dash doesn't come on, but the Torque app DID show a "Pending Fault". Of course, Bank 1 and Bank 2 CP sensors.