Airbag connectors under the seats - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Airbag connectors under the seats

Airbag connectors under the seats

Old 05-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Airbag connectors under the seats

The recall that enhances the connectors was completed a while ago (ITP 10-034?). My wife drives the car and didn't tell me that the airbag light started to flashes continuously shortly after the recall work was done. I reset it a few times and it always comes back.

Anyhow I'm back under the seats looking at their work. Seems ok, they epoxyed a cable tie so won't come loose. I tore it open and it's a 2 pin connector. Seat side connector, resistance is 0 ohms (both passenger and driver side) so I'm guessing its a discrete input letting the computer know someone is seated? Can anyone confirm?

Can anyone point me to the TSB or anything that details the work performed?

This is all I have:
2005 INFINITI G35
Manufactured between: 03/29/2004 and 08/25/2006
Defect: nissan is recalling certain model year 2005 through 2007 infiniti g35 sedans manufactured from march 29, 2004 through august 25, 2006 and infiniti g35 coupes manufactured from april 1, 2004 through may 30, 2007. the wire harness connecting the belt tension sensor (bts) and the occupant detection sensor (ods) control unit under the front passenger seat can experience relative movement which can cause wear and oxidization of the terminals and may cause interruption of the signal.
Consequence: in the event of a crash, the airbag may not deploy, increasing the risk of injury.
Action: nissan will notify owners and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. the safety recall began on july 12, 2010. owners may contact nissan toll-free at .
Recall Date: 04/27/2010

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Remove Gas Pump to Clean Sending Unit & Clear P0463 Code RemmyZero V36 DIY 6 08-07-2017 09:40 PM
A few problems I have questions about Dallsinghjr1 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 10 09-17-2016 10:39 AM
Will 05 g35 seats go in an 04? doakley92 Interior & Exterior 1 09-25-2015 01:58 PM
FS: G35-2004-mt6 G35 Cars 3 09-11-2015 05:16 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: