Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical) - Page 16 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical)


Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical)

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello fellas, bringing this back from the dead as I've done extensive research on the SH7055 and SH7058 Processors which are what run the maxima/altima/g35/350z ecu's in our cars and have sucessfully disassembled and am able to reflash them and are offering mild stage 1 and stage 2 tunes.

I can currently tune all 02+ Nissan ecu's so no need to rewire or do anything, all I need you to do is send me your ecu and I can do the rest. The ammount of work and time that went into it is exhaustive but It works. I've tuned 4 various cars locally before even offering this service.

As long as your ecu will currently start your car, I can tune it. If it wont start your car, I can still reflash it but it will cost a bit more because I will have to bypass the NATS routine.

This is my own kernel I developed, not UPREV not anything else commercial. I am a enthusiast just like you looking to save you guys $$$ but still help pay for the time it took me to develop a kernel that allows read / write access on these ecu's.

Right now I am offering stage 1 tunes with any of the following mods: intake/exhaust/header/catback/catless and will tune accordingly. You will need to send your ecu in to me and i can normally reflash it and send it back with in a day. Overnight return shipping is included in the price of $300 per ecu.

send me a message or email if you are interested. jason (<at>) ecutunerguy DOT c0m

this price will be going up soon and we have already inquired about a booth at sema but you guys can get flashed before it goes commercial for a great deal.

let me know if i can help. I'll attach a picture of my work bench which shows me downloading a rom and flashing a g35 ecu on my bench.

again there is no commercial software being used, the kernel was created by me using ecuflash.
I don't have any dyno sheets but I can assure you the fuel map is leaned out from 10.69:1 afr to 11.8:1 up top and ignition and cam timing has been changed for optimal power that you will feel. best bang for your buck guaranteed.

Jason

Old 08-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajton View Post
Hello fellas, bringing this back from the dead as I've done extensive research on the SH7055 and SH7058 Processors which are what run the maxima/altima/g35/350z ecu's in our cars and have sucessfully disassembled and am able to reflash them and are offering mild stage 1 and stage 2 tunes.

I can currently tune all 02+ Nissan ecu's so no need to rewire or do anything, all I need you to do is send me your ecu and I can do the rest. The ammount of work and time that went into it is exhaustive but It works. I've tuned 4 various cars locally before even offering this service.

As long as your ecu will currently start your car, I can tune it. If it wont start your car, I can still reflash it but it will cost a bit more because I will have to bypass the NATS routine.

This is my own kernel I developed, not UPREV not anything else commercial. I am a enthusiast just like you looking to save you guys $$$ but still help pay for the time it took me to develop a kernel that allows read / write access on these ecu's.

Right now I am offering stage 1 tunes with any of the following mods: intake/exhaust/header/catback/catless and will tune accordingly. You will need to send your ecu in to me and i can normally reflash it and send it back with in a day. Overnight return shipping is included in the price of $300 per ecu.

send me a message or email if you are interested. jason (<at>) ecutunerguy DOT c0m

this price will be going up soon and we have already inquired about a booth at sema but you guys can get flashed before it goes commercial for a great deal.

let me know if i can help. I'll attach a picture of my work bench which shows me downloading a rom and flashing a g35 ecu on my bench.

again there is no commercial software being used, the kernel was created by me using ecuflash.
I don't have any dyno sheets but I can assure you the fuel map is leaned out from 10.69:1 afr to 11.8:1 up top and ignition and cam timing has been changed for optimal power that you will feel. best bang for your buck guaranteed.

Jason

This picture is the newer style ECU. Not the ones used in our 03 G's
Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This picture is the newer style ECU. Not the ones used in our 03 G's
Thanks for the observation, I own a 2003 sedan with the gray plug and have successfully made a conversion harness to run a 2004.5 harness for dual wideband outputs.

I can tune gray plug and black plug ecus. If you really need to see the proof I will wire one up like a early 03 j8 ecu and flash it but id rather my work do the talking and to nanny's you for one of you. I'm very proficient I'm hitatchi ecu hacking
Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2009
location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 111
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
we dont want a reflash, that has been done years ago. Technosquare done them



we need a full software package like Osiris that lets the end user tune the ecu. NISTUNE is not working on a lot more ECU's but still not these VQ35 ecu's yet.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Former rupromenergo.ru Vendor
iTrader: (37)
Join Date: Mar 2012
location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,081
Thanked 70 Times in 59 Posts
The reason Osiris wouldn't support us is because they didnt want to put the effort in to cracking our ECU. They said it wasn't a good use of time to get a return on investment.

The option we want would be something like Osiris - full option to flash tune as well as dyno tune.

nosajton - are you hacking a bunch of different ECUs for the same purpose? Osiris is more than just a fuel/air and timing remapping. They open other options as well - trans shift points, TB stayin open, etc
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurraTT View Post
we dont want a reflash, that has been done years ago. Technosquare done them



we need a full software package like Osiris that lets the end user tune the ecu. NISTUNE is not working on a lot more ECU's but still not these VQ35 ecu's yet.
That's not going to happen and is the reason cobb got out of the game. Every BIN has different offsets for every table. No two BIN's are the same so a lot of energy has to first go into reverse engineering and disassembling the BIN to find addresses.

Secondly It is too hard to the average end user to tune unless you know assembly to find your security keys and a good hex editor to change address maps. The offer I made was to tune your ecu and is the reason why there wont be a 'osirius type of setup available from me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolboothwilley™ View Post
The reason Osiris wouldn't support us is because they didnt want to put the effort in to cracking our ECU. They said it wasn't a good use of time to get a return on investment.

The option we want would be something like Osiris - full option to flash tune as well as dyno tune.

nosajton - are you hacking a bunch of different ECUs for the same purpose? Osiris is more than just a fuel/air and timing remapping. They open other options as well - trans shift points, TB stayin open, etc

You hit it right on the nail. I've been tuning older nissans since 2002 and just started playing with the new ecu's a few years ago when I didnt pass smog. I made a BIN to force my early gen G35 sedan to pass and that is where this all started. I am still learning and finding new addresses out every day but I was confident enough to offer a stage one tune of all GRAY and BLACK plug ecu's

Feel free to send me ecu's if you guys have some laying around I can download the rom off of them / reverse engineer them but yes I'm trying to hopefully offer a cheap alternative to UPREV as cobb left us in the dark.

Jason
Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Ok, getting a bit lost here...

So you can tune? Magically? By us simply telling you our mods??

Sorry but it's a bit far fetched. I've tuned many cars with full stand-alones and no 2 cars at the same, regardless of what modifications are installed or if they are both in stock form.

If I were to go the ecu reflash way you'd have to to be present at the Dyno to be able to make immediate changes because not knowing what your car is doing on the way to the dyno while driving on a potential time bomb is very impractical. This is to say that I am not insulting your intelligence, but more than anything it's a fact that a hunch tune is not a safe one at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2009
location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 111
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ok, getting a bit lost here...

So you can tune? Magically? By us simply telling you our mods??

Sorry but it's a bit far fetched. I've tuned many cars with full stand-alones and no 2 cars at the same, regardless of what modifications are installed or if they are both in stock form.

If I were to go the ecu reflash way you'd have to to be present at the Dyno to be able to make immediate changes because not knowing what your car is doing on the way to the dyno while driving on a potential time bomb is very impractical. This is to say that I am not insulting your intelligence, but more than anything it's a fact that a hunch tune is not a safe one at that.


this



sounds like a "sticker ecu' flash to me. even the old TS flash wasnt all that great. you can do fuel and ign pretty easily on a cheap utec.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurraTT View Post
this



sounds like a "sticker ecu' flash to me. even the old TS flash wasnt all that great. you can do fuel and ign pretty easily on a cheap utec.

you guys seem pretty smart, you should know maf based cars are much easier to command a certain afr/injection pulse-width than say and honda. I came on here to offer a chep alternative and even give a nice discount to anyone willing to try my tune out.

In fact if you're local to San Diego, swing by the shop and we'll talk more or we can even strap your car on the dyno and show you what I can do. but like I said maf based cars are MUCH easier to tune than MAP.

Jason
Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Without a doubt they are easier to tune, but the truth is without end user tuning ability or having the tuner present at the time of dyno tuning it's very unsafe and impractical.

That's why i never did the TS tune.

Additionally, if it's just a reflash I'm not sure i'd even want to entice it. In order for me to mess with ECU work I'd like to know that multiple maps can be brought into the equation, or that you can mess with redlines/throttle body %'s, cam timing, etc.... not just a lets play with AFR's and bump 2 degree's... heck the consult can do all that stuff.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Without a doubt they are easier to tune, but the truth is without end user tuning ability or having the tuner present at the time of dyno tuning it's very unsafe and impractical.

That's why i never did the TS tune.

Additionally, if it's just a reflash I'm not sure i'd even want to entice it. In order for me to mess with ECU work I'd like to know that multiple maps can be brought into the equation, or that you can mess with redlines/throttle body %'s, cam timing, etc.... not just a lets play with AFR's and bump 2 degree's... heck the consult can do all that stuff.

Never played with a TS tune but the first maps I modify is can phase timing and accel (throttle body map) just modifying those two maps which I highly doubt you can do with a utec, really brings a vq to life. If you look at a vq bin vs a ej25 sti bin a lot of the maps look similar.

If youve ever played with avcs on a sti ecu then you know wjat im talkong about.

What i was offering isnt the adjusting of fuel trim and +2 degrees of timing via consult LOL



There's much more involved.

Jason
Old 09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
seymore4's Avatar
Premier Member
iTrader: (111)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: West coast
Posts: 4,631
Thanked 294 Times in 236 Posts
In before the ban for trying to sell stuff on the forum without being a vendor/sponsor...
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Former rupromenergo.ru Vendor
iTrader: (37)
Join Date: Mar 2012
location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,081
Thanked 70 Times in 59 Posts
the problem as mentioned above - is that its nothing "custom"

many people have completely different builds and that changes everything around. I'm interested and grateful that you have cracked into it - but without dyno tune and specifics for personalization it seems too much like a "box" tune. I'm running a Greddy Emanage w/ full injector and phase control. I really would like Osiris type options and what they release. You might talk to Uprev and see if they can "buy" your coding skills for your work ? Just a thought - not an easy thing to break into. I wish I was in Socal so i could swing by and see what you can really do though
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM
NFSP G35's Avatar
? = 2B || !2B
iTrader: (22)
Join Date: Apr 2009
location: Tallahassee, FL (or thereabout)
Posts: 22,161
Thanked 842 Times in 634 Posts
I'm watching this thread closely.
While the forum rules do require a vendor account for anyone that's making a business out of selling things (product or services) on the forum, we're also very interested in cultivating the sort of DIY / garage engineered spirit.

If nosajton starts offering tuning commercially for a fee, then he'll need a vendor account or to partner up with an existing vendor.

But it doesn't look like we're at that point quite yet, and certainly nobody is getting banned.

Even in instances where a user continues to provide commercial services or products without meeting vendor requirements, they're given ample warning before any major action.

As for this exact instance (this thread specifically) I'm keeping "cautiously optimistic" even though recent information does seem both 'out-of-the-blue' and a little hard to believe.
But I know the technical understanding of several people in this forum (and specifically people subscribed to this thread) will quickly determine the difference between breakthrough and scam.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NFSP G35 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (09-02-2013), seymore4 (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Personally I do not believe it is a scam.

How about this,

In the near future what would you be willing to charge if I flew you down to MIami, FL paid for your hotel stay and we can take the car to the dyno and do everything there.

But I will have a list of things that I'd like to do.,..... I can be the g.pig .... We can do HONEST before and after passes and have everything documented for the integrity of this site.

Who knows, perhaps you have cracked a major breakthrough !!

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: **G35 Twin Turbo** g.spot G35 Cars 12 05-09-2016 11:54 PM
Uprev Tune Results Red G Coupe Tuner & Dyno 9 01-14-2016 02:13 AM
FS[Texas]: 2008 Audi s5, supercharged, water/meth injection Mad A Not G35 Related 4 12-08-2015 02:45 PM
Hello 2007 Infiniti G35X with 166,000 AJC128 New Members Check In 1 11-01-2015 12:55 PM
SSR Coffin Manifold and NWP throttle body Usman Ali G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 8 10-04-2015 09:23 PM


Tags
02, 2003, altima, ecu, emanage, g35, greddy, kit, maxima, options, standalone, tune, tuning, ultimate, wire
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, rupromenergo.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


cost of struts replacementpioneer avic z2 bluetooth adapteroil change after seafoambrakes squeak in reverseplasti dip aluminum wheelsp0302 codenoisy engine treatmentwheel spacers melbournebrembo brake decalscost of struts replacementhow to remove a headlightusing washers as wheel spacersinnovate lc 1car starts and runs then diestakeda intakeoffset calculator wheelshonda accord 2006 wiper bladessluggetcostco tires nitrogenmeisterschaft exhaust reviewpaint scratch pentsw zolder wheelssaleen s-281m45 0 60orderinfinitipartsstillen intake g37edmonton infinitirack and pinion sealsinfiniti g35 engine sizeviper 7251vnitrous direct port06 g35 coupe headlightsnexen reviewauto zone rental toolsinfiniti g35 clutchinfiniti g35x 2006 reviewvx610 wheelsplano toll taghomemade car wash foam gunaxxess metravarrstoen es2 replicaroyal purple gear oil 75w140pacemark snowtrakker radial st 2bremboaftermarketdiscount codes for onlinetires.comwindshield motor replacement costbank 2 catalytic converterplasticoat tire paintcrower valvescalgary tint10w30 pennzoilbelt squeakinginfiniti g37 coiloversbad battery or bad alternatorg35 driver downloadnissanusematte 350zrsx ksport coiloverskicker 400.1 ampgas gauge going up and downseibon ts hood350z center capse level accuairwhat is a foot pound of torquesupercharger for g35 coupeapple auto glass window tintingeneos atfraceland suspensionhid 12khow much does an infiniti g35 costpiggy back ecukenwood kos-l702nismo mufflerinfiniti g37 body kit