Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical) - Page 16 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical)

Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical)

Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Hello fellas, bringing this back from the dead as I've done extensive research on the SH7055 and SH7058 Processors which are what run the maxima/altima/g35/350z ecu's in our cars and have sucessfully disassembled and am able to reflash them and are offering mild stage 1 and stage 2 tunes.

I can currently tune all 02+ Nissan ecu's so no need to rewire or do anything, all I need you to do is send me your ecu and I can do the rest. The ammount of work and time that went into it is exhaustive but It works. I've tuned 4 various cars locally before even offering this service.

As long as your ecu will currently start your car, I can tune it. If it wont start your car, I can still reflash it but it will cost a bit more because I will have to bypass the NATS routine.

This is my own kernel I developed, not UPREV not anything else commercial. I am a enthusiast just like you looking to save you guys $$$ but still help pay for the time it took me to develop a kernel that allows read / write access on these ecu's.

Right now I am offering stage 1 tunes with any of the following mods: intake/exhaust/header/catback/catless and will tune accordingly. You will need to send your ecu in to me and i can normally reflash it and send it back with in a day. Overnight return shipping is included in the price of $300 per ecu.

send me a message or email if you are interested. jason (<at>) ecutunerguy DOT c0m

this price will be going up soon and we have already inquired about a booth at sema but you guys can get flashed before it goes commercial for a great deal.

let me know if i can help. I'll attach a picture of my work bench which shows me downloading a rom and flashing a g35 ecu on my bench.

again there is no commercial software being used, the kernel was created by me using ecuflash.
I don't have any dyno sheets but I can assure you the fuel map is leaned out from 10.69:1 afr to 11.8:1 up top and ignition and cam timing has been changed for optimal power that you will feel. best bang for your buck guaranteed.

Jason

Old 08-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajton View Post
Hello fellas, bringing this back from the dead as I've done extensive research on the SH7055 and SH7058 Processors which are what run the maxima/altima/g35/350z ecu's in our cars and have sucessfully disassembled and am able to reflash them and are offering mild stage 1 and stage 2 tunes.

I can currently tune all 02+ Nissan ecu's so no need to rewire or do anything, all I need you to do is send me your ecu and I can do the rest. The ammount of work and time that went into it is exhaustive but It works. I've tuned 4 various cars locally before even offering this service.

As long as your ecu will currently start your car, I can tune it. If it wont start your car, I can still reflash it but it will cost a bit more because I will have to bypass the NATS routine.

This is my own kernel I developed, not UPREV not anything else commercial. I am a enthusiast just like you looking to save you guys $$$ but still help pay for the time it took me to develop a kernel that allows read / write access on these ecu's.

Right now I am offering stage 1 tunes with any of the following mods: intake/exhaust/header/catback/catless and will tune accordingly. You will need to send your ecu in to me and i can normally reflash it and send it back with in a day. Overnight return shipping is included in the price of $300 per ecu.

send me a message or email if you are interested. jason (<at>) ecutunerguy DOT c0m

this price will be going up soon and we have already inquired about a booth at sema but you guys can get flashed before it goes commercial for a great deal.

let me know if i can help. I'll attach a picture of my work bench which shows me downloading a rom and flashing a g35 ecu on my bench.

again there is no commercial software being used, the kernel was created by me using ecuflash.
I don't have any dyno sheets but I can assure you the fuel map is leaned out from 10.69:1 afr to 11.8:1 up top and ignition and cam timing has been changed for optimal power that you will feel. best bang for your buck guaranteed.

Jason

This picture is the newer style ECU. Not the ones used in our 03 G's
Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This picture is the newer style ECU. Not the ones used in our 03 G's
Thanks for the observation, I own a 2003 sedan with the gray plug and have successfully made a conversion harness to run a 2004.5 harness for dual wideband outputs.

I can tune gray plug and black plug ecus. If you really need to see the proof I will wire one up like a early 03 j8 ecu and flash it but id rather my work do the talking and to nanny's you for one of you. I'm very proficient I'm hitatchi ecu hacking
Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM
we dont want a reflash, that has been done years ago. Technosquare done them

we need a full software package like Osiris that lets the end user tune the ecu. NISTUNE is not working on a lot more ECU's but still not these VQ35 ecu's yet.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Former rupromenergo.ru Vendor
The reason Osiris wouldn't support us is because they didnt want to put the effort in to cracking our ECU. They said it wasn't a good use of time to get a return on investment.

The option we want would be something like Osiris - full option to flash tune as well as dyno tune.

nosajton - are you hacking a bunch of different ECUs for the same purpose? Osiris is more than just a fuel/air and timing remapping. They open other options as well - trans shift points, TB stayin open, etc
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurraTT View Post
we dont want a reflash, that has been done years ago. Technosquare done them

we need a full software package like Osiris that lets the end user tune the ecu. NISTUNE is not working on a lot more ECU's but still not these VQ35 ecu's yet.
That's not going to happen and is the reason cobb got out of the game. Every BIN has different offsets for every table. No two BIN's are the same so a lot of energy has to first go into reverse engineering and disassembling the BIN to find addresses.

Secondly It is too hard to the average end user to tune unless you know assembly to find your security keys and a good hex editor to change address maps. The offer I made was to tune your ecu and is the reason why there wont be a 'osirius type of setup available from me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolboothwilley™ View Post
The reason Osiris wouldn't support us is because they didnt want to put the effort in to cracking our ECU. They said it wasn't a good use of time to get a return on investment.

The option we want would be something like Osiris - full option to flash tune as well as dyno tune.

nosajton - are you hacking a bunch of different ECUs for the same purpose? Osiris is more than just a fuel/air and timing remapping. They open other options as well - trans shift points, TB stayin open, etc

You hit it right on the nail. I've been tuning older nissans since 2002 and just started playing with the new ecu's a few years ago when I didnt pass smog. I made a BIN to force my early gen G35 sedan to pass and that is where this all started. I am still learning and finding new addresses out every day but I was confident enough to offer a stage one tune of all GRAY and BLACK plug ecu's

Feel free to send me ecu's if you guys have some laying around I can download the rom off of them / reverse engineer them but yes I'm trying to hopefully offer a cheap alternative to UPREV as cobb left us in the dark.

Jason
Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Ok, getting a bit lost here...

So you can tune? Magically? By us simply telling you our mods??

Sorry but it's a bit far fetched. I've tuned many cars with full stand-alones and no 2 cars at the same, regardless of what modifications are installed or if they are both in stock form.

If I were to go the ecu reflash way you'd have to to be present at the Dyno to be able to make immediate changes because not knowing what your car is doing on the way to the dyno while driving on a potential time bomb is very impractical. This is to say that I am not insulting your intelligence, but more than anything it's a fact that a hunch tune is not a safe one at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Ok, getting a bit lost here...

So you can tune? Magically? By us simply telling you our mods??

Sorry but it's a bit far fetched. I've tuned many cars with full stand-alones and no 2 cars at the same, regardless of what modifications are installed or if they are both in stock form.

If I were to go the ecu reflash way you'd have to to be present at the Dyno to be able to make immediate changes because not knowing what your car is doing on the way to the dyno while driving on a potential time bomb is very impractical. This is to say that I am not insulting your intelligence, but more than anything it's a fact that a hunch tune is not a safe one at that.

this

sounds like a "sticker ecu' flash to me. even the old TS flash wasnt all that great. you can do fuel and ign pretty easily on a cheap utec.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurraTT View Post
this

sounds like a "sticker ecu' flash to me. even the old TS flash wasnt all that great. you can do fuel and ign pretty easily on a cheap utec.

you guys seem pretty smart, you should know maf based cars are much easier to command a certain afr/injection pulse-width than say and honda. I came on here to offer a chep alternative and even give a nice discount to anyone willing to try my tune out.

In fact if you're local to San Diego, swing by the shop and we'll talk more or we can even strap your car on the dyno and show you what I can do. but like I said maf based cars are MUCH easier to tune than MAP.

Jason
Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Without a doubt they are easier to tune, but the truth is without end user tuning ability or having the tuner present at the time of dyno tuning it's very unsafe and impractical.

That's why i never did the TS tune.

Additionally, if it's just a reflash I'm not sure i'd even want to entice it. In order for me to mess with ECU work I'd like to know that multiple maps can be brought into the equation, or that you can mess with redlines/throttle body %'s, cam timing, etc.... not just a lets play with AFR's and bump 2 degree's... heck the consult can do all that stuff.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Without a doubt they are easier to tune, but the truth is without end user tuning ability or having the tuner present at the time of dyno tuning it's very unsafe and impractical.

That's why i never did the TS tune.

Additionally, if it's just a reflash I'm not sure i'd even want to entice it. In order for me to mess with ECU work I'd like to know that multiple maps can be brought into the equation, or that you can mess with redlines/throttle body %'s, cam timing, etc.... not just a lets play with AFR's and bump 2 degree's... heck the consult can do all that stuff.

Never played with a TS tune but the first maps I modify is can phase timing and accel (throttle body map) just modifying those two maps which I highly doubt you can do with a utec, really brings a vq to life. If you look at a vq bin vs a ej25 sti bin a lot of the maps look similar.

If youve ever played with avcs on a sti ecu then you know wjat im talkong about.

What i was offering isnt the adjusting of fuel trim and +2 degrees of timing via consult LOL

There's much more involved.

Jason
Old 09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Premier Member
In before the ban for trying to sell stuff on the forum without being a vendor/sponsor...
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Former rupromenergo.ru Vendor
the problem as mentioned above - is that its nothing "custom"

many people have completely different builds and that changes everything around. I'm interested and grateful that you have cracked into it - but without dyno tune and specifics for personalization it seems too much like a "box" tune. I'm running a Greddy Emanage w/ full injector and phase control. I really would like Osiris type options and what they release. You might talk to Uprev and see if they can "buy" your coding skills for your work ? Just a thought - not an easy thing to break into. I wish I was in Socal so i could swing by and see what you can really do though
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM
? = 2B || !2B
I'm watching this thread closely.
While the forum rules do require a vendor account for anyone that's making a business out of selling things (product or services) on the forum, we're also very interested in cultivating the sort of DIY / garage engineered spirit.

If nosajton starts offering tuning commercially for a fee, then he'll need a vendor account or to partner up with an existing vendor.

But it doesn't look like we're at that point quite yet, and certainly nobody is getting banned.

Even in instances where a user continues to provide commercial services or products without meeting vendor requirements, they're given ample warning before any major action.

As for this exact instance (this thread specifically) I'm keeping "cautiously optimistic" even though recent information does seem both 'out-of-the-blue' and a little hard to believe.
But I know the technical understanding of several people in this forum (and specifically people subscribed to this thread) will quickly determine the difference between breakthrough and scam.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NFSP G35 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (09-02-2013), seymore4 (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Personally I do not believe it is a scam.

How about this,

In the near future what would you be willing to charge if I flew you down to MIami, FL paid for your hotel stay and we can take the car to the dyno and do everything there.

But I will have a list of things that I'd like to do.,..... I can be the g.pig .... We can do HONEST before and after passes and have everything documented for the integrity of this site.

Who knows, perhaps you have cracked a major breakthrough !!