Installed Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programmer - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Installed Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programmer

Installed Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programmer

Old 08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkno View Post
I recently bought the Hypertech Power Programmer from 03BaseSedan. I've been running with it for a little over a week now. I have a 2005 G35 sedan 5AT with NO mods......only a K/N filter in the stock airbox.

Little bit of background about me.....I have a bit of of experience with modifying cars. I went crazy on a 91 Mustang 5.0 and pretty much changed out the entire drivetrain back in 1999/2000. Engine, cam, heads, intake, headers, cats, transmission....you name it. I bought a lot of the parts used (on a forum a lot like this one) and a friend with a garage helped me and taught me a lot.

I mention all of this because I know what it's like to spend time, effort, and money on parts only to realize minimal gains. Some people think just add intake (13hp), exhaust (18hp), pulley set (10hp) throttle body (5).....add 'em up and VOILA....I have 46hp now. Wish it was that simple but real hp doesn't come easy. After my experience with the 5.0 I vowed never to let the "mod-bug" take hold again.

I say all this to assure everyone that I'm not new at this and if I write that I feel an improvement in performance it's not in my head...it's real.

The Hypertech Power Programmer is a REAL improvement for a stock sedan. I am very happy with it. The car revs faster, at full throttle the 5AT hold the gears a bit longer and when it shifts it pushes me back in my seat a bit. It never did that before. When cruising around, you mash the pedal and it jumps down a couple of gears and really presses you in the seat. There is definitely more of an aggressive sense of urgency with the car. Hit the pedal and it just wants to GO...NOW. I think the gas mileage is about the same but I've been flooring it so much with this tank that I'm definitely burning through it faster than I normally would. Just been having too much fun, passing at every opportunity to see what it would do. It's a lot more fun to drive now. Since I bought this used (lot less than new) I think this is a pretty much the best bang for the buck mod you can do. Thanks 03BaseSedan.
I'm stoaked to buy one!! Thanks for the review - this will be a nice add with my ZTube and JWT Pop Charger!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm thinking about getting this as well (assuming I can't find a Cobb AP soon). But first I need to finish installing all the bolt-ons
Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I reprogrammed by 2004 G35 6mt today. It seemed real quick then after driving for 20 minutes or so it would nose over every time I tried to accelerate over 53 mph. I could floor it in any gear and it would sit at 53 mph, no decel, no accel. Almost like it wasn't getting enough fuel. No engine codes though. I had to return the program to stock to get the thing home, pretty pissed at my $350 paper weight...
Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdes0 View Post
I reprogrammed by 2004 G35 6mt today. It seemed real quick then after driving for 20 minutes or so it would nose over every time I tried to accelerate over 53 mph. I could floor it in any gear and it would sit at 53 mph, no decel, no accel. Almost like it wasn't getting enough fuel. No engine codes though. I had to return the program to stock to get the thing home, pretty pissed at my $350 paper weight...
Wow...that sucks. Try contacting them tomorrow and maybe they can help you out. I think they guarantee their stuff.

Have you tried updating the software/firmware? I think that also updates the map.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
It sounds like you set the top speed limiter on the programmer to 50 or 55 MPH. The top speed limiter option allows you to raise, or lower, the top speed limiter. The top speed can be limited all the way down to 25 MPH in 5 MPH increments. If you select "Y" to change the top speed, the first number that pops up is 25. The number is the actual speed that you're limiting the engine to. It is easliy mistaken as +25, 50, etc.

Plug your tuner back in, and skip to the top speed option. Raise it up to a higher speed, and reprogram. I bet that will fix your problem.

Chris
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks!

Thanks Hypertech, you were right on. I had '***'umed that setting the speed limiter value to 50mph would be the stock +50mph, I never thought it would start with a default limit of 25.
Any how I set it to the max of 155 and all seems good. Hope to see even more improvement when I install my new Borla true dual cat back later this week. My stock system is leaking like a sieve.

Thanks again,
Old 12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan View Post
Hey, thanks for the review! I wish the thing worked on my ECU (****ing Hypertech). It probably would've lopped off a tenth and added an mph in the 1/4mi.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks again for the smooth sale.
I wish I would have put two and two together when I skimmed over this. I have an Early 2003 Sedan and purchased a Hypertech Programmer. After I sent my Calibration Diagnostic over to Hypertech (since there was no update available for my car) I received an email a week later that was very short and didn't explain the reasoning why they don't support the calibrations for my car. It could have saved me time from googling and doing my own research. The email stated: "We don't currently support your calibration for the truck. The unit will have to be returned to place of purchase" -- Truck? Wtf.. People make mistakes, understandable... But the customer service that I received when I called (2 days after I sent the calibration) was Poor.

I have purchased 4 programmers from this company and they have all worked out great! I'm upset that this isn't compatible with my G. I'm now out $65 for a restocking fee from where I purchased this programmer. I know a lot of these programmers are about $450. I will sell mine for $375 shipped. PM me if your interested.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Any how I set it to the max of 155 and all seems good. Hope to see even more improvement when I install my new Borla true dual cat back later this week. My stock system is leaking like a sieve.
Any updates? Just curious.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks for posting this. I recently bought a 04 G35 sedan and wasn't sure how the programmer was going to work. I also was planning on getting a motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, NRG strut bar and Injen CAI. im glad to know that the product is worth it!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:50 PM
glad ur enjoying it and i have no idea how much they go for but a good uprev tune or something along those lines is absolutely superior to this..
Old 07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Thumbs up

^ I installed this in my 04 g35 Auto. And it has to be doing 0-60 in 5.5-5.9 seconds when originally it was doing it in the low 60s.
I have yet to get Injen intake, 5/16 plenum spacer, NRG strut bar and damper. So i can already tell a BIG difference in takeoff. i highly recommend.
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxyFez For This Useful Post:
dj714 (10-21-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 01:20 PM
So I have had a Hypertech programmer for a few months now, and I thought I should share my experience. Since you can find them for less than the cost of an Osiris tune (I have had both), they are an excellent buy for the price. The most noticeable improvement is the removal of the 0-60 throttle restriction. Throttle mapping is greatly improved and the car is actually fun to drive. It also adds some power...using Cipher, I measured a .17 second difference in 0-60 times, so there is a little bit of a gain in power. I also noticed some improvement in highway fuel economy as well.

I'm selling some of the mods on my car since we're getting ready to move soon, and i'm thinking about including this, so if anyone's interested let me know!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Keithk831 im in provo kind of interested in picking it up off you. but i have a 04 6mt sedan. Do you know if performance will be similar? Or does anyone else know how this programmer works out for the 6mt's? It seems like everyone whos getting positive results is rolling in an AT.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyutinkyu View Post
Keithk831 im in provo kind of interested in picking it up off you. but i have a 04 6mt sedan. Do you know if performance will be similar? Or does anyone else know how this programmer works out for the 6mt's? It seems like everyone whos getting positive results is rolling in an AT.
12hp gain on a 2004 Automatic. Manuals have less drivetrain loss, so you should see the same gains. And yes, it would work out.

I have it listed on KSL classifieds and CL. Check it out and let me know if you're interested!

Edit- SOLD!

Last edited by keithk831; 08-02-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Has anyone tried the Bully Dog GT Gas Tuner is says it works with g35 and "says" the horsepower gains are better just wonder if anyone has gotten this