Question about lowering springs/spacers - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Question about lowering springs/spacers

Question about lowering springs/spacers

Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Question about lowering springs/spacers

I bought my 03G35C already lowered (tanabe df210 -1.9" drop front and rear) with 19" wheels and SPC camber kits. I don't know much about suspensions or wheels setups. But from my research i'm guessing i've probably got spacers too b/c they look flush with the fenders. I want to raise it up some... the car is slammed. I drag on every speed bump, i can't get in driveways and my front wheels rub when i got bigger passengers. I like the lowering look but i want to be able to go over speed bumps with out being embarrassed! I was looking at getting tein 350z H tech springs for a mild drop (~1" higher than what i'm at now) if i did that would i need a different sized spacers? would i have any problems on speed bumps? would the SPC camber kits give me a problem? or would i be happier with maybe the g35 H Techs for the mildest of drops? I got the stock springs but i have a feeling it'll make me look like a monster truck. Please help i'd be doing the spring swap myself and i would hate to have to do it multiple times and waste money in the process! Thanks for any feed back!

-Mike
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
you don't know if you have spacers??? Look inside the wheel at the rotor hub area... You should be able to see if there is a spacer between your hub and your rotor. If you don't see anything, then your stance is just the offset of the wheel...

I love my Tein H-Techs. I had them on my 03 G35 Coupe, 06 Acura TL and now my 04 G35 Coupe.

Ride is great, speed bumps are not an issue.. and all I have done is the spring... no bump stop kit or anything else...

Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 PM
er mods can you move this to the coupe section please?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
you don't know if you have spacers??? Look inside the wheel at the rotor hub area... You should be able to see if there is a spacer between your hub and your rotor. If you don't see anything, then your stance is just the offset of the wheel...

I love my Tein H-Techs. I had them on my 03 G35 Coupe, 06 Acura TL and now my 04 G35 Coupe.

Ride is great, speed bumps are not an issue.. and all I have done is the spring... no bump stop kit or anything else...

Thanks for the response Kuneff, do you know if i would have any problems with my current spacers if i raised up an inch? or with the camber kits? Yours look good!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Anyone know if raising my car up an inch with my current spacer would cause my tires to rub? if it does would i be able to just pull off the current spacers until i can get more appropriate ones? i'm ready to pull the trigger here on these springs!

i'll have my old tanabe DF210s for sale once i swap out if anyone's interested.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:31 PM
SIETESG
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
what a rookie mod!

didn't even notice it's in the wrong section..
Old 11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah definitely got spacers, anyone know if raising the car up an inch will affect the spacers? will i have less opportunity to rub or will it change everything?