Autozone and Synthetic oil - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Autozone and Synthetic oil

Autozone and Synthetic oil

Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Question Autozone and Synthetic oil

does anyone have an item number or something that i can have the local autozone to order the elusive oil.....

so i know this has been discussed numerous times and there probabky is no right or wrong answer on what oil to use...

but i would like to change oil every 7500 miles....

when should i change over to synthetic?? how many miles?

should i change the oil in the g before the 3750 and if so when and what oil should i use and what weight??

what oil filter should i use?? Fram or K&N or what brand??

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.....

Wade
Old 06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
if you are looking for the german castrol, there is probably none left anywhere, its been discontinued for months. Mobil 1 is an okay synthetic, and so its pennzoil platinum if you are using it for nonextended drain intervals.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:19 PM
found some 0w30 castrol at autozone

i bought 14 quarts of 0w30 castrol from germany at autozone today...

now i have the oil...when should i change the oil in the infiniti?
What mileage?
What oil filter????

Thanks
Wade
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rphman
i bought 14 quarts of 0w30 castrol from germany at autozone today...

now i have the oil...when should i change the oil in the infiniti?
What mileage?
What oil filter????

Thanks
Wade
Read the manual.. there are different maint schedules to follow depending on your driving habits. Filters are basically all good these days.. some have synthetic elements that filter better.. K&N, Wix are popular amongst car enthusiasts.
I use Mobil-1.. I plan on changing it every 5 to 7K miles depending on my driving situations... More hwy driving = longer change intervals. So the answer to your question depends on the type of driving you do..
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rphman

what oil filter should i use?? Fram or K&N or what brand??
Whatever oil you decide to use NEVER, EVER EVER use a Fram oil filter.
Maybe there is one good fram filter model out of 20 .... I wouldn't ever screw on a fram to the G !!!

The OEM filter is pretty good .... so is Mobil 1, Pure One and Amsoil EAO line.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1
Whatever oil you decide to use NEVER, EVER EVER use a Fram oil filter.
Maybe there is one good fram filter model out of 20 .... I wouldn't ever screw on a fram to the G !!!
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclit
Care to elaborate?
Google Fram filters ... you'll see

Bottomline -- Fram equates to a cheaply made filter - using it is asking for trouble.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1
Google Fram filters ... you'll see

Bottomline -- Fram equates to a cheaply made filter - using it is asking for trouble.
the stock filters are not much better. anything with cardboard endcaps should be skipped if you want quality. check out napa gold, k&n and purolator pureone to name a few. this is borrowed from 6mt and is from 04 but is still relevant.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 PM
rupromenergo.ru Addict
i just got my oil changed at the dealer. 10w30 mobil1 synthetic with a mobil1 oil filter. they recommend 4k.