tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside

tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside

Old 12-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Angry tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside

so i take my car to jackie cooper electronics since they're a smaller chain that do alarms/tires/wheels/etc to mount my vredestein tires on my oe 19's. so i pick it up right before closing and the service guy is like "let me show you something... we ran into a little problem." basically, when the mechanic set the rim on there the tire or rim must've moved one of the plastic caps loose to the prongs that hold the face of the wheel (there are 4 of them). so when it tightened, the plastic cap slipped, shot out, and a prong caught the face. the guy offered to either resurface the wheel or waive the mount/balance fee ($100). i just paid the mount/balance and told them i'll get it fixed. i called a resurfacing place and they quoted about $100+ and the wheel will be gone for 2-3 days at the very least. i'm thinking i can live with it and just have the shop cut me a check for like $125 to avoid the hassle of taking off work, getting a rental and risking another wheel catastrophe. FWIW, the rest of the wheel and other 3 are near excellent great shape. what would you guys do? fix it or get a check?
Attached Thumbnails
tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside-dsc00009.jpg tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside-dsc00010.jpg tire place gouged my rim. refinish wheel? pics of damage inside-dsc00013.jpg
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
wtf 100 bux for mounting a balancing!? hope that was for all 4! (prob was haha) and just an FYI if u refinish that wheel its going to be a diff color than the rest as ive been in a similar situation to you. Id have him get u a new rim from infiniti or at least one from a car recycling yard, because u brought him a perfect, and ur leaving with a less than perfect wheel

Last edited by CreativeDesignZ; 12-12-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 PM
its not bad...i say just have them cut you a check
Old 12-12-2008, 12:22 PM
get a check.