"blem" tires? please see the pic and let me know what you think - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • "blem" tires? please see the pic and let me know what you think

"blem" tires? please see the pic and let me know what you think

Old 11-18-2009, 08:58 PM
"blem" tires? please see the pic and let me know what you think

In my quest to find inexpensive winter tires for my G, I came across a front set of "Blem" Blizzak tires on ebay. In the pictures of the auction, the tires looked perfect. However (please reference the attached picture) when I received them, one of them has a bend on the inner lip of the tire. First I was thinking it was the plastic straps used to bind the two tires together, but only one tire is bent. I contacted the seller today but have not heard back. I'm wondering if this is the the seller ment by "blem". But, my impression of "blem" was cosmetic blemish. But the damage to the tire I got look more than cosmetic. I hope a tire expect can chime in and confirm my thoughts that this tire is damaged or support that the tires are usable. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
"blem" tires? please see the pic and let me know what you think-1118090915a_283572.jpg
Old 11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
DO NOT INSTALL THIS TIRE. This is called a kinked bead. The tire will not hold air properly. And if it does it may cause a possible blow out. This tire should be sent back to the manufacturer for full credit. This happens at my store and we send them back to the manufacturer.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
's Avatar
Looks like it was strapped too tight. Bead area appears to be damaged. I'd stay away. That's a blem alright lol
Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Thankfully, the seller has agreed to take them back. I'm going to continue my search for inexpensive, but not cheap (quality), winter tires.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS[South]: FS: 19" Volk SF winnings, gold, w/ fresh tires, and centercaps! 911Turbo 19 Inch 10 08-24-2016 08:31 AM
FS[Canada]: Work Emotion XT7 obender66 18 Inch 1 03-13-2016 12:20 PM
FS[Canada]: 19" Rays Volk LE37 Wheels Rims with Falken Tires netcbc Wheels & Tires CDN 1 09-24-2015 09:53 AM

35, blem, blemish, blemished, blems, blizzak, find, mark, marking, md, nittos, pictures, sales, tire, tireis, tires
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: